1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
On The Road Again!
3,848 Posts
Looks like another one of those gadgets that only works if you have a cell phone!
If you're like me, (I don't have a cellphone. I don't WANT a cell phone!) then the thing is pretty much useless!

·
Registered
518 Posts
The crash detection and black box could be very helpful. Or provide material you'd rather exercise your right to remain silent about.

·
American Legion Rider
23,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it had Wade written all over it. Waiting for your review.:D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
yo man Hey Off...
those ain't cellphones.... thems "smartphones"
and try not to get them confused ok...??

·
Hero of Legend
1,208 Posts
The crash detection and black box could be very helpful. Or provide material you'd rather exercise your right to remain silent about.
I think that's more for if you wind up dead in a ditch, or need evidence against an attacker / guilty party, than working against you. Not sure if it COULD work against you, but still...

·
On The Road Again!
3,848 Posts
yo man Hey Off...
those ain't cellphones.... thems "smartphones"
and try not to get them confused ok...??
LOL!! I don't need a smartphone. I'm smart enough already. LOL!!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,370 Posts
If I'm dead in a ditch I don't think there's much it can do for me. :wink:

Think of it as a learning lesson for the rest of the two wheeled community.
It would record it, and then it could be posted of utube

·
Hero of Legend
1,208 Posts
If I'm dead in a ditch I don't think there's much it can do for me. :wink:
Perhaps it's not as much for YOUR benefit, as for your family's. It helps them achieve:

A) Closure as to knowing what actually happened

B) Justice, if it wasn't your own fault. Especially in the case of a hit and run. There's a much better chance of getting concrete evidence against them.

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Pretty cool technology. I like the idea, but I do see a few pitfalls.

1. In some states it is illegal to attach anything to a DOT approved helmet.

2. How does the "collision alert" function? What if it falls off my seat while I am refueling or stopping for lunch. It would be pretty embarrassing to come out of the diner to find an ambulance and fire tricks by my coot looking for a downed rider.:confused:

·
Registered
473 Posts

2. How does the "collision alert" function? What if it falls off my seat while I am refueling or stopping for lunch. It would be pretty embarrassing to come out of the diner to find an ambulance and fire tricks by my coot looking for a downed rider.:confused:
I had an app on my phone that used to send an alert out if I stopped moving for 5 minutes (used it for mountain biking, running, riding). Before it sent the alert it would beep so if you had just stopped to rest you could cancel it. I would guess this probably has the same capability.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
I can't believe the amount of time and money spent on electronic toys and phone apps when you could be out riding. Park it and throw a disc lock on it if you are worried about someone taking it. At least that way it is insured and you can go get another bike.

·
Registered
518 Posts

Fire tricks by your coot could certainly lead to embarrassment, and an emergency response.

:coffeescreen:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts