Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smoking wires, looking to replace magneto and other components, however flywheel nut is stuck considering this other than to replace
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Plant

engine any other ideas will the magneto work outside of the flywheel?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Flywheel is PART of magneto, it cannot work with no flywheel as half of it is gone.

You have a dead simple to solve problem there, that stopping you screams get somebody else to work on it, you are not capable of doing it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flywheel is PART of magneto, it cannot work with no flywheel as half of it is gone.

You have a dead simple to solve problem there, that stopping you screams get somebody else to work on it, you are not capable of doing it.
Can't afford it because of the rewiring. If it wasn't for the smoking wires, I would get to unseizing the engine which it could be, was riding and it died because of no oil was running on a dead battery getting jump started for about a month. MN

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flywheel puller was intended to be used AFTER the nut comes off. If you have truly run with no oil the engine is junk anyway.
Not true, while I check it that it had no oil when it died it could be an electrical problem( how about starter motor goes bad with oil and air filter has oil it). I say this because I should still hear a crank after it seized if it seized at all and I don't so I'll go with electrical repair before attempting to unseizing it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the plot quickens. Foist is the smoking wyres, then we move on to a possible seized motor. The nut is just an irritant. UK
Sure, engine was running then it won't go top speed then hit full throttle and engine stopped with oil burning from air filter, tried to start it and wires start to overheat.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
This guy is so lost............the 'other' thread is here. See the last sentence, there is no oil until there is oil.

Never thinks if engine is seized the starter WON'T work because it cannot turn a locked up motor. And casually wants to buy a new starter motor now when flywheel is messed up but we don't even know why he was doing that. I stick with my original statement 'IF you have truly run with no oil the engine is junk anyway.' The OP is after all the one who said it.

ALL of this could be 100% BS as interpreted by somebody who is not capable of doing it. Cannot even remove a simple nut. I say to him grab the flywheel and turn it, that will tell you if you have engine damage. You do THAT FIRST before you get wild ideas of buying more starters or again incompetent. All may simply be a wiring issue but the way this guy is flailing around he will only make it worse, as that is all he has done so far.

I for one am outta here, I have bothered him enough.

·
Premium Member
10,608 Posts
I was hoping for something along the lines of what you said.
Try turning the engine with the crank nut. My question was a leading one, as I wanted to get some idea of whether to ignore this thread or not.
I will be ignoring it. UK

·
Ace Tuner
4,367 Posts
Turns out there are three threads about that nut. I suggested an impact tool twice it seems. Somebody else suggested the same also.
Hold the door for me guys... I'm right behind y'all.

S F

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This guy is so lost............the 'other' thread is here. See the last sentence, there is no oil until there is oil.

Never thinks if engine is seized the starter WON'T work because it cannot turn a locked up motor. And casually wants to buy a new starter motor now when flywheel is messed up but we don't even know why he was doing that. I stick with my original statement 'IF you have truly run with no oil the engine is junk anyway.' The OP is after all the one who said it.

ALL of this could be 100% BS as interpreted by somebody who is not capable of doing it. Cannot even remove a simple nut. I say to him grab the flywheel and turn it, that will tell you if you have engine damage. You do THAT FIRST before you get wild ideas of buying more starters or again incompetent. All may simply be a wiring issue but the way this guy is flailing around he will only make it worse, as that is all he has done so far.

I for one am outta here, I have bothered him enough.
You did?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,932 Posts
Whoa, just wandered in here, what a mistake, Semi hold the door right behind you.

• Haha
Reactions: SemiFast

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
This really cannot be done on any motorcycle without and impact driver. Supposedly people have gotten them loose with like a 48"+ breaker bar and someone outing their weight on the rear tore to keep it from spinning, but all that stress on the transmission seems bad. Just go get an impact.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts