Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronk -

I love ya. And I love America. But I'm ready to turn every American flag I see upside down. It's a signal of distress.

I am GREATLY distressed by our government, it's actions over the past 40 years, and even more importantly the APATHY of the amercian public towards criminal and unconstitutional actions.

Like the NSA recording/spying on EVERY American's calls, and then turning around and GIVING those records to Israel.

Like the Iraq war (genocide) where we went and killed 500,000+ Iraqi civilians on false pretenses --- that Iraq was "somehow" involved in 9/11. (15/17 hijackers were Saudis, ZERO were Iraqis) Or that Iraq had WMDs.

We celebrate veterans in this country, but not those of us who protested for peace, who took beatings in Chicago, and got called "Communists" and "America haters" for trying to keep us out of Iraq.

And now IRan.

Our government lies to us. It lied about the Gulf of Tonkin, it lied about invading Iraq ( to make a killing for Halliburton), it lies constantly. It tells us flu vaccines are safe, then I find out there are 11 people in Durango paralyzed by Guillan Barre' syndrome, as a result of flu shots.

We hold prisoners in Guantanamo who have never been convicted of anything. Problem is, now we can't let them go because they'd go over to ISIS or Al-Q or anyone for revenge against America.

We tortured suspects during the war against Iraq, using the same damn prison (Abu Gharaib) we condemned Saddam Hussein for torturing people.

Torture is illegal A) By Geneva Convention, B) by 8th Amendment, C) by UCMJ, D) by the convention against torture (CAT) to which USA is signatory, and by Federal Statute (113 chapter 27c or something like that)

Has one single American, who either performed, condoned, or ordered torture, or paid someone in another country to perform it on OUR behalf gone to jail? Not a one.

America utterly destroyed Iraq, destroying the balance of power between Iran and Iraq, LEADING to the current mess in the middle East.

Anyone else would call it genocide, and the unprovoked invasion of a soverign nation, A WAR CRIME, per Geneva.

Meanwhile George W. Bush held hands with the Emir of Saudi Arabia, his oil-butt buddy, from whom 15 of the 19 hijackers were citizens.

Our troops come home shell shocked, PTSD'd, and receive substandard care in VA system. apparently we can afford the war but not their care.

And those of us who oppose these unwinnable, proxy wars, get called names. Hell we'd still be in Vietnam if not for the 4 students in Kent State who proved we were actually waging war against ourselves.

Never mind the trillion dollar cost of the war.

Or the fact that NONE Of the chickenhawks kids ever participate.

The bankers damn near financially collapsed America. Any jail terms? Naaah, but a black kid steals some Cigarellos and he's shot dead in America.

We have a failed drug war that has led to the militarization of police.

And even when the cops kill unarmed kids, not a single one of 'em goes to jail. Above the law. Cops, imho, no longer "Serve and Protect." Instead they protect the corporatocracy. The wealthy. Evidenced by their desire to be badasses, to dress in black, to paint their LEO cars black, and to carry automatic weapons.

America has gone insane on guns. Well guess what, the solution to stepping in dog poop (gun viol3ence) is not MORE DOGS!

No wonder cops "shoot first" now, given that half of America, legally OR illegally is carrying a weapon nowadays.

America has gone insane.

We have corporations paying NO taxes, and receiving the same rights as citizens, and they nowadays CONTROL congress.

The rich, the 1%, the Waltons, control 40% of America's wealth and don't want ANY of that taxed so they can FU the lives of their grandchildren into perpetuity, born into "Affluenza"

Taxes on citizens have reached the outrageous level, where ONLY those who one their own businesses, able to deduct everything, take a little under the counter, have ANY CHANCE of surviving, economically.

We have exported all our manufacturing, and the jobs that a blue-collar worker USED to be able to get that would allow him to purchase a home and send kids to college.

And guess what, all us engineers USED to work at or for factories that are now in Asia. So we've got engineers bagging groceries.

America, IMHO, is so FUBAR it's unbelievable.

It makes me want to fly the American flag upside down.

The rich getting richer, the poor getting poorer, and the cops shooting unarmed black people just ain't gonna fly.

We have GOT to take "personhood" back from corporations, ALONG with control of our Congress --- Cit8izens United, New London, we've had the worst SCOTUS in history.

And the religious FUNDIES want to impose THEIR rules and regulations on OUR bedrooms. Instead of FEEDING THE POOR they want to impose THEIR religious convictions on women's bodies, on birth control, on gays, rather than LOVE ONE ANOTHER as Jesus commanded.

There are so many hypocritical Xtians today I'm almost ashamed to confess that I'm one of them. Fundamentalists who take ONE SINGLE word or phrase in the bible. Guess what, eating shellfish or wearing mixed fabrics is just as big an ABOMINATION as being "gay."

Bible literalism is Satan's biggest weapon, imho.

And I"m 100% sure I'll hear, "Well if you dont' like America, LEAVE"

Yeah, NO!

I want to FIX America. I want to put import duties on crap from China and other places where they pollute the air/water freely.

I want to re-create American jobs!

I want gun owners to have to buy INSURANCE, just like drivers, that if THEIR weapon is stolen or used in a crime, THEY must cover the damages through THEIR policy.

I want corporations BANNED from contributing endless $ to elections.

I want drugs de-criminalized and addiction issues dealt with as a medical problem, not a CRIMINAL problem. Take away the $ and the guns and violence associated with drugs goes away, just like Al Capone & the havoc he caused in Chicago. have we learned NOTHING?

I want men who have SERVED THEIR TIME in jail to have their records expunged after X years, SO THEY CAN GET A JOB and not recidive!

I want America to QUIT MAKING insurance companies rich and instead provide universal healthcare -- we are #34 in the world in terms of how little healthcare Americans receive for the amount of money we spend! I don't care HOW you do it, Medicare for all, single payer, but members of Congress should NOT get gold-plated care, for life, while others STILL go to the ER since many MD's now WILL NOT ACCEPT Medicare/Obamacare because the reimbursements are so low!

I want kids who aren't performing in schools to be DIVERTED to trade school programs (like in Germany) by the 8th grade. My God our country has a shortage of plumbers, welders, electricians, truck drivers, auto/mc techs... it's ridiculous!

The problem(s) with America are NOT caused by the illegal immigrants who pick our fruit, mow our lawns, clean our houses/motels. No mroe than the "Jews" were the cause of Germany's economic problems. You want a bottle of wine to cost $25+ send the immigrants home!

most of all, I want Americans to start treating each other with civility, with the possible exception of the 1%.

The 1% have taken 90% of the cake and now have the rest of us fighting each other over the remaining 10%.

When I was a kid you could PAY YOUR WAY THROUGH COLLEGE working at a fast food restaurant.

Today a fast food employee can barely afford auto insurance, Obamacare, rent AND food.

Yet the "gubbmit" will tell us there's no inflation, and give Seniors a COLA less than 1%, and claim that "food and gas dont' count"

The hell they don't.

so yeah, Ronk. Tears come to my eyes when they play the national Anthem, whether its a faithful version, or Jimi Hendrix grinding it out before the demolition derby.

I cry for the incivility in America, when I pull over to help a broken down motorist and they tell me they've been there for 2-4 hours and I'm the FIRST PERSON to stop!

I cry for the liberal/conservative "battle" that has differences of opinion over the RIGHT way to run this country making brothers hate one another.

And I cry for the RAC*ISM which has re-emerged in this country as the result of our having our first black President, whom Congress has refused to work, at all.

The American flag indeed brings tears to my eyes, Ronk.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Wade, you can join the Marsone.com mission, and get a one-way ticket to Mars if you like. Best part? You won't have to come back here!!

-Soupy

·
American Legion Rider
21,078 Posts
I guess he has been hired here to spew this BS.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
He's just here to stir crap now guys, make sure you don't say something to get yourself booted.

·
Double Secret Probation
288 Posts
Blah blah blah BLAH blah blah BLAH BLAH blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah BLAH blah blah blah blah blah blah blah BLAH BLAH blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah BLAH blah blah blah blah blah blah blah BLAH blah blah blah blah BLAH BLAH blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah BLAH blah blah blah blah BLAH blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah BLAH BLAH BLAH blah blah blah!

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
"freelance". Translates to someone who thinks they are so talented as to believe they can do something professionally, yet no employer thinks they can do that thing well enough to hire them full time. I guess when you are paid by quantity of words rather than quality of content that is the type of writing you get.

I thought Cheesyrider DID quote the OP.

·
Double Secret Probation
288 Posts
I thought Cheesyrider DID quote the OP.
I just summarized what I get out of his posts. I don't have him on ignore, but I don't actually read his posts anymore. I try to read them, but his habit of using ALL CAPS every third word makes my eyes roll too far back into my head to see.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'd like to REMIND certain posters here WHY this posting is here.

You CHOSE to include comments denigrating President Obama, liberals, democrats, denying global warming, promoting further gun ownership, etc. mixed in with your posts regarding motorcycles.

I didn't start it, but I'll offer to end it.

You cut out the political commentary in your posts, and I won't reply with MY political opinions.

I'd love to get back to writing about NOTHING but motorcycles and riding, but I will respond to each and EVERY post attacking Obama, supporting wider distribution of guns, denying that increased, man-made C02 in the atmosphere leads to warming, etc. Why Because they're merely your OPINION, and I will respond, time and again with FACTS. I'll back 'em up with links, research, whatever.

Instead, I get attacked personally and NOBODY argues actual FACTS!

Your call. Keep your political opinions to yourself or listen to mine, since apparently most of you Conservative, gun-loving motorcyclists REFUSE to use the "ignore" button.

Now...let's go riding! Headed for Taos tomorrow on the Concours. OMG is that thing a Highway Star! It eats up the Interstates at 83.4 mph.

On what roads do you feel YOUR bike really "comes into it's own?"

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
I think I'll just sit here in my unusually cool living room where I've still not cranked up my a/c, clean my 45...... No my 9 and watch me some Fox news while our President plays golf during the slaughter of Christians in the Mideast. Maybe next week he'll learn to govern. I was trying for a racial component knowing dumb ass libs get off on that stuff but I wasn't raised that way. But I'm sure you'll find something in there.

·
Premium Member
7,590 Posts
Rave on.

These rants are getting tiresome. There are people that can help you if you just ask. Or did you lose your health plan?
The guy that the movie " A beautiful mind " was about, just died.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I thought this thread was started because other sites now pay trolls by the word to disrupt.

I think rather than the ignore button we should all start hitting the "Report post" button. The OP clearly has no intentions other than to offend based on political views.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I just summarized what I get out of his posts. I don't have him on ignore, but I don't actually read his posts anymore. I try to read them, but his habit of using ALL CAPS every third word makes my eyes roll too far back into my head to see.
When I try to read them I get distracted by mental images of him dancing in front of the mirror "Buffalo Bob" style. Would you read me? I'd read me.

·
Nightfly
4,215 Posts
People like Wade, who are insanely leftist, are not here to debate us. They want to use you and me to prove that conservatism is a radical ideology that professes racist, sexist ideals. It isn't true of course, but it is not possible to win an argument with someone who hates you for your beliefs.

Wade is one of those liberals who probably believes Castro is/was the president of Cuba. It matters little to liberals that Castro was never democratically elected to anything in Cuba. The correct word to define Castro is 'tyrant.' Our media would have you believe Castro is a leader, he is not. He is more of a criminal Mafioso-type character.

Wade would do anything possible, say anything he can think of to defend the lies he so wishes we would buy into, because he has bought them totally. He then goes off the deep end when he realizes we know the liberal playbook and are no longer fooled by the deception liberals have always tried to make us believe. It's old news, and the many wise people on this forum can see through his empty rhetoric. For me he will no longer exist on this forum.

Unkle Crusty you are correct. His rants are not only tiresome but unreadable.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts