Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the Cobra floorboards for my spirit VT1100C cruser. 06-1621 mfg # I have the mini boards now but they are not as long as I would like. Plan is to move the mimns to the back riders.
Has anyone installed these and how do they work with the MC motor guards?:71baldboy:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I don't know of any floorboards that won't work with crash bars. There could be floorboard accessories that won't work with crash bars......like floorboard mounted highway pegs, which would be kinda costly since you already have crash bars to mount highway pegs on.

Most accessories that will not work with other accessories they put "will not work with" statement in the description.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Anybike, I pulled the trigger last night and ordered the boards. Knew i wanted them so i read a lot of reviews read only one bad and he/she was complaining about the price.
Just an added note we lived in Ky. back in the early 80s always said if we could we would go back. Love the state and the people

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
You might have to adjust your shifter arm up or down a little so your toe can fit under it with the new boards. If so, it's easy to do.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Can you take a picture of the left side of your bike showing the shifter arm and rod? It'd probably be easiest to point it out on your bike then a picture of mine.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Ah-hah, it's that kind. Okay, it's kind of hard to see in the picture, but at the bottom of the shifter arm, behind what looks like the mounting plate in the picture, you should find a metal rod that attaches on both ends with Heim joints. (Or just directly screws in.) One end of the rod attaches to the lower end of the shifter arm you show in the picture, and the other end attaches to a right angle arm which in turn is attached to a gearshift spindle that goes into the transmission. You should have a lock nut on each end that holds the Heim joint in place.

If you need to raise the shifter peg to give yourself more clearance for your toe, loosen up both lock nuts and turn the long rod until the peg is where you want it, then tighten the lock nuts back down.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eye, thank you i think that will do it I see what you are talking about
Good instructions.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
"Floorboards"?

FootBoards, Wings, Forward Rests, Flat footpegs, maybe even
"legrests".... what is wrong with you kids?

Floorboards...they usually go inside the house, or beneath you in the barn or shop...

·
American Legion Rider
21,140 Posts

Okay. So just what do you call the thing sticking out between the two wheels. Decking?:confused:

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Yep, he's right........they were called "Running boards" because folks would run up alongside the car (back in the days of Al Capone) and jump up and hold on.

-soupy

·
American Legion Rider
21,140 Posts
Ha ha. You're right. Shows you what happens early before you have a cup of coffee.

EDIT:
Today's lingo running boards are strips of bacon though.(just looked it up)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
On a Harley they are officially called, "floor boards."
I once called them floor boards at a swap meet.
I was confronted face up by the guy selling them.
He said "What?" and brought another customer into the conversation as he walked away mumbling something about floor boards...

Maybe that's why I couldn't find any for my CB750, I must have been asking for "foot boards" instead of "FLOOR BOARDS"!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't know of any floorboards that won't work with crash bars. There could be floorboard accessories that won't work with crash bars......like floorboard mounted highway pegs, which would be kinda costly since you already have crash bars to mount highway pegs on.

Most accessories that will not work with other accessories they put "will not work with" statement in the description.
Im with him !:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts