Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...10/police-fair-dui-flyer-misleading/28749203/

>FairDUI.com offers printable, state-specific fliers outlining the rights of motorists when stopped by law enforcement. The website encourages drivers to, instead of talking to police, hold up the flier and display — but not turn over — any identifying information (ID's)

The fliers and website were created by defense lawyer Warren Redlich, a Florida State Bar member and author of the book "Fair DUI: Stay safe and sane in a world gone MADD." He's created fliers for Arizona and 26 other states.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
I've never wondered what it would be like to get tazed bad enough to try this out.

The simplest way to avoid getting a DUI is to not drink and drive.

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
I've never wondered what it would be like to get tazed bad enough to try this out.

The simplest way to avoid getting a DUI is to not drink and drive.

There ya go. Simple ain't it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The laws and rights when walking down the street as opposed to riding or driving down the street are different. When operating a vehicle and stopped by an officer you are required to show a license by law, holding a flier from an internet site is only going to cause more problems, especially if you have been drinking.

·
Registered
886 Posts
After reading the article further this concerns DUI checkpoints that you can refuse to submit to testing or showing a license, but then be ready for the officers to pull you out of the car and force a blood test, whether right or wrong.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Lock up those drunk drivers, and their bleeding heart enablers, before they turn left into motorcyclists.

:mad:

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
It's not just motorcyclist. They rear end cops writing tickets all the time.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Drivers have a choice to either roll down the window and present required IDs (DL, Ins, Regis) to the officer upon demand,

or they may choose to keep their windows closed and hold some scrap of paper against it instead.

Which of these choices is more likely to result in being dragged through a broken window?

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
I guess I never understood the belligerent reaction to police officers. I have found that being polite and courteous to officers has always rewarded me with the same from them. When I get pulled over, for example, I roll down my windows, keep my hands in full view, tell them what I am about to do (reach for ID, get insurance from glove box, etc). I also inform them immediately that I am a CCW holder, whether I have a carry on me or not. I've never had a problem with the police, and I have had my share of run-ins with them, especially in my younger days. Hell, the last time I was pulled over on the bike, the officer and I ended up talking about bikes for a good 10 minutes. :)

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Wade,
I've had 2 very close friends killed by drunk drivers. One was killed as a teenager in a car driven by a drunk older brother. The car was found upside down in a small creek...they both drowned.
The other was hit while she walked her dog on a jogging trail 20 feet off the road. The driver thought he had just hit a dog... Jodi died trapped under his car, she was 32.

I am militantly against drunk driving. This isn't the old movies with the funny drunk bumping into telephone poles, or the myth of slobbering soaks stumbling to their truck and swerving down the road. This is the guy/gal that hits the bar for a few (too many?), then selfishly gets behind wheel and puts everyone else's well being at risk

You rail against the NRA and guns. Guess what? I carry a gun every day, and personally know dozens more that do the same. None of us have ever killed, harmed, or threatened anyone.
Yet here you are trying of enable people who get drunk and drive 2-ton bullets down our public roads, endangering everyone.

Sorry to everyone else for the rant and harse language, but this is something that hits very close to home for me.

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
Yep, it almost seems being courteous is nearly as rare as common sense. What's so difficult about just answering questions when asked and go your way? Maybe that's just for us concealed carriers. We somehow go the extra mile in avoiding confrontations. Where others seem to always want to stir something up.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Sorry to everyone else for the rant and harse language, but this is something that hits very close to home for me.
Rant away. It hits home here too. I have zero tolerance for those who see no problem in drinking and driving. Lost a brother-in-law a few years back who was drunk more than sober and thought it was normal. He finally drove straight into a tree leaving behind a husband-less/fatherless family. :frown:

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
I've said all along I think it should be 3 strikes and you are out but when it comes to DUI's that's still too lenient.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I guess I never understood the belligerent reaction to police officers. I have found that being polite and courteous to officers has always rewarded me with the same from them. When I get pulled over, for example, I roll down my windows, keep my hands in full view, tell them what I am about to do (reach for ID, get insurance from glove box, etc). I also inform them immediately that I am a CCW holder, whether I have a carry on me or not. I've never had a problem with the police, and I have had my share of run-ins with them, especially in my younger days. Hell, the last time I was pulled over on the bike, the officer and I ended up talking about bikes for a good 10 minutes. :)

Eye came through my town recently. I planned on pulling him over and "detaining" him for a good 90 minutes but our paths never crossed. :)

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
Ah man, bummer. That would have been assume.:thumbsup:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
Eye came through my town recently. I planned on pulling him over and "detaining" him for a good 90 minutes but our paths never crossed. :)
They got that many donuts?

·
Registered
592 Posts
They got that many donuts?

I am very disappointed in you. You seem like someone that could come up with a original joke.

I would have fed him seafood, we have some of the best seafood places around.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts