Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently brought a bike home, and immediately tore into it. I tore a bunch of stuff off it, and one of those things was a front faring with the headlight and turn signals built in. I am currently in the works of putting a 7" headlight and front turn signals on the bike, as well as a taillight/turn signal/brake light combo. I have everything wired up to what I believe is correct, but I've run into one problem. Everything functions but the turn signals. When I flip the switch for the right turn signal, the signal lights up brighter but does not flash. The same thing happens for the left turn signal. I could not find anything in the manual about a flasher. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,274 Posts
Well, there has to be a flasher; the wires to the selector switch will be colored to match the left, right, and flasher output. Without a manual, you have to look for a relay with the same color wire. It'd start under the seat, and work forward under the tank.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm not sure if they worked before. I'm pretty convinced that I have them wired the exact way that they were originally.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The other thing that will keep it from flashing is if the bulbs don't draw enough current: either too small bulbs or somebody installed the LED units.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the flasher. I swapped it out today, and my turn signal woes have dissipated. Thanks everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts