Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to learn to wheelie! I should have done more research first though...

If you can wheelie and have any advice for me after watching please share it in the comments! Thanks y'all!!

I am on the 2014 CRF250L - stock gearing / stock exhaust

https://youtu.be/ueA-5RbfYDY

·
Registered
158 Posts
Since I only TRIED to wheelie ONCE, and ended up bouncing the bike off the back taillight, running behind it as I still held onto the handlebars, embarrassed as all get out, NEVER wanting to even try again, I got nothing for you. Sorry!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I only TRIED to wheelie ONCE, and ended up bouncing the bike off the back taillight, running behind it as I still held onto the handlebars, embarrassed as all get out, NEVER wanting to even try again, I got nothing for you. Sorry!!

haha thanks dude! Ya I was far from that issue lol what bike were you on when you did that?? :)

·
Ace Tuner
2,947 Posts
I am starting to learn to wheelie! I should have done more research first though...

If you can wheelie and have any advice for me after watching please share it in the comments! Thanks y'all!!

I am on the 2014 CRF250L - stock gearing / stock exhaust

https://youtu.be/ueA-5RbfYDY
Yes, go try it in the dirt. It hurts less when you learn what NOT to do.
A bunch of safety gear is required also. Cause...... you're gonna fall.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, go try it in the dirt. It hurts less when you learn what NOT to do.
A bunch of safety gear is required also. Cause...... you're gonna fall.
Thanks sir! thats the plan :) I have MX boots, Kevlar jeans with CE knees, leatt HD chest/rib protector and leatt elbow guards, gloves and helmet for when I wanna push my limits...but usually just use a touring jacket with CE shoulder/elbow/spine for most things as my upper

point is I aint no squid! haha :71baldboy:

·
Ace Tuner
2,947 Posts
I learned to do wheel stands on a 73' Kaw 750 three cylinder 2 stroke.
Looped it at about 90 MPH. Dark, light, dark, light and so on. (Rolling on pavement). LOTS of safety equipment is the main thing I learned.
Also, don't drink a bunch of whisky and ride. LOL .... I still got the scars.

EDIT: My Kaw 750 was a 72' year model I believe. The Yam RD350 that I still own is a 73' year model.
Both bikes would reach for the sky when you throttle em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts