Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, boys and girls. I just purchased my first bike, a 2010 Victory Kingpin 1600, and my license course still scheduled out another week and a half. For a first time rider, people have told me my choice of a first ride was pretty ballsy, but I'm hoping to get just good enough fast enough to ride out with the boys to the upcoming Biketoberfest. I'm 29, from Jacksonville, FL, and thought this may be a good venue for useful information.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Welcome from Lake City .. Think you will find the Victory does pretty well in Power & Handling Both have owned 3 of them .. 2007 Kingpin Tour and 2012 Cross Country .. Presently own a 2011 Cross Country ..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, brother, good to hear. I definitely wanted the best I could possibly get for the money, and it was at a price point I could not refuse. I didn't want to get a bottom of the line Harley, but still wanted to ride American.

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Normally just a few more posts(count of 3) and the rest of the site
will open to you. This is the sites spambot control. Unfortunately it
is needed today. But you have to make 15 posts before you can post
pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege to be able to post
pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which somehow gets around
that restriction.

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us:grin:

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
You bought a great bike, it's a bit much for a beginner so take it slow and easy, and don't try to keep up with any of your buddies, make them slow down to ride with you.
What color is your Kingpin? Here's my 2011...

Attachments

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, I really appreciate everyone making me feel at home and comfortable with my purchase. Supposedly I can't post pictures yet, but I got the midnight cherry. That really deep red with the daylight candy apple glimmer.

·
Visionary
5,246 Posts
Midnight cherry is VERY nice! I was actually looking for a red or blue Vegas when I stumbled across a white pearl and bronze Kingpin. I thought it would look wimpy but when I saw it I realized I liked it a lot, and the deal was great, an almost brand new 6 year old bike with 3000 miles on it for $6k. I snapped it up. Turns out Kingpins are the best handling of all the steel frame bikes with the inverted forks and size balanced set of tires instead of a 2 foot wide rear and a bicycle tire on the front like some of them came with!

Hey, I really appreciate everyone making me feel at home and comfortable with my purchase. Supposedly I can't post pictures yet, but I got the midnight cherry. That really deep red with the daylight candy apple glimmer.

·
Registered
607 Posts
A suggestion -- before you get to riding, find a nice big carpet scrap to lay it over on and practice picking it up. I'm pretty sure the skill will come in handy...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A suggestion -- before you get to riding, find a nice big carpet scrap to lay it over on and practice picking it up. I'm pretty sure the skill will come in handy...
Noted. I thought it would be a bit heavy as well, but actually since I originally made this post I've already dropped it once when I was by myself and used the tactic a friend mentioned to me of using my legs and backing into it with no issues.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
Welcome to a great forum!
Your Victory is beautiful.

Sam:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts