Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys! I'd like to first say thanks for allowing me to be a member of an awesome Forum. My name is Ryan. I am originally from Antioch, CA. Currently residing in Charlotte, NC. I have been living in Charlotte for nearly 18 years and have a strong mechanical background in the automotive and automated production industry. I have been on two non-motorized wheels most of my life. I have raced BMX bikes, I have ridden free-ride downhill mountain bike, and I have been riding freestyle BMX for close to 13 years. I've built a few hi-performance stand-up jetski's and several cars. It's been several years since I've had a project and I recently came across an excellent deal through a close friend of mine. I very recently purchased a '82 Honda CM250. This is my very first motorcycle, so starting I am starting small. I am very excited to build this thing into something that truly expresses my individual style. Looking more along the lines of a retro race/café race bike! I understand this has become a huge almost fad and I look forward to breaking the mold with true retro styling. If you have any recommendations or photos, send them my way! Always open to veteran advice!

·
American Legion Rider
21,081 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Awesome, I just picked up a 1983 Honda xl185 that someone turned into somewhat of a cafe racer. It looks neat but I will probably return it back to it's dual sport nature.

Welcome

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,778 Posts

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
I used to enjoy the non-motorized two-wheelers as well but getting lazy as I get older.

And another...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts