Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Awesome! What are we looking at here, though? It looks like it has the tank of a GSX-R, the chain guard of a Buell Blast, and some other fun things in between.

·
Very Famous Person
10,003 Posts
--

Let's see. You're in your early twenties, just recently got a full time job, this is the first bike you've owned although you've ridden on some of your friends' bikes. You haven't taken any bike classes and have minimal protective gear but haven't even been out to use hardly at all since getting the bike.

Am I close?

--

·
Visionary
5,279 Posts
So let's hear a bit about it, what bike is it? What size engine? What have you ridden in the past?
What kind of riding are you planning on doing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I'll say about the bike is It's completely custom built by one person. I've ridden a 1971 yamaha RT1 360 2-stroke enduro, a kawasaki LTD 440, KZ 900, KZ 1000, ZX-6R, yamaha R1, multiple Harleys and probably a few more I forgot about. I've actually had the bike for about a year. I ride it every chance I get. If the pavement is dry and it's fairly decent outside I take the bike. Not scared of long trips either, went on a couple 100 plus mile trips over the summer.

·
1,251 Posts
That explains the mishmash of parts. :)

What kind of engine does that beauty have?

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I actually really like the look of it. The tail is a bit rough IMO, but overall very nice!

Cool bike!

·
On The Road Again!
4,207 Posts
Not scared of long trips either, went on a couple 100 plus mile trips over the summer.
No no no.....
100 miles is short ride.
200 miles is a nice Sunday morning ride.
It's not a long trip until you are around 400 or 500 miles.
LOL!!!
:grin::grin::grin:

·
1,251 Posts
No no no.....
100 miles is short ride.
200 miles is a nice Sunday morning ride.
It's not a long trip until you are around 400 or 500 miles.
LOL!!!
:grin::grin::grin:
Yep yep! If you don't empty that tank at least once it's not a long ride! :grin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
haha! man that bike looks cool I dig that choppy garage street fighter look!

oh man a few months ago I rented a tu250 after passing my MSF course and I rode that bike up and down Dallas put 120+ miles on my first day sun rise to beautiful sunset with a cig hanging from my mouth and ZZ Top telling me he's dazed and confused.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Nice garage set-up. As far as long rides, it also has to do with how much an old man 's bones can take. I earned each and every one of my aches and pains, so about one hour ride before a break is about all I should do. A 300 mile day is plenty for me, unless it has plenty of breaks thrown in

Welcome to the forum from another rider who started late in life

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is a cool bike. I was gonna say it's a buell blast too, but after looking at it a second time I realize that's probably not close. Maybe one of the bigger Buells.... I mean I think I see a Vtwin......

Either way it's very cool.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts