Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, id love to get into riding and I love the look of a kawasaki ninja but I would like to know what people think would be the best crotch rocket for me im 6ft 1 and weigh 240, help and suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,458 Posts
While your height/weight etc. will play a part in which bike you buy, but motorcycles are not clothes. The right bike needs to match your riding abilities, experience, and the type of riding you want to do. Far too often new riders get an idea because they like the way a particular bike looks but in reality that bike or style won't work. First things first:. Have you taken the basic MSF class?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
1st bike, go used. Also, get a bike that you can learn on knowing that once you are more comfortable you can get a bigger bike without too much $$ loss, if any. There are plenty of race style bikes like the Ninja in 250/300/400 that are great learners. With your weight, I think going with the 400 would be a better choice. Still a better choice would be something more upright and power of 500-650 IMO. Everyone is different and in the end it will depend on your "attitude" and "respect" for whatever bike. My son's first bike was a CBR 600 RR. He is respectful of what it is capable of and it has worked out to be a great choice. That said, he did fall down in a corner going 20 mph but wears full gear and got a little dirt on his jacket along with $1500 of damage to the plastic parts/fairings.

Good luck with your choice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts