Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy my first motorcycle soon, but I'm picky about what I like and it's hard for me to find a good selection. I really like the old school look of a sport/cruiser. I can't stand big Harleys and the sport ninja bikes so I want a happy medium with not a lot of power.

I've looked at the Suzuki TU250x and I really like that look but I want to look at more like it. Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be a newer year bike but it's hard to find classics in Oklahoma. I also don't want to spend over $5,000. What other bikes are similar to what I'm looking for?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
A good solid vbike for the money is a Honda Shadow. They used to make a 500, and then a 600 (I am not sure when it got bigger). They are reliable bikes and everyone l have ever known that had one liked it.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
That TU250 is what is called a "standard". There are lots of them out there as far as style. Have you taken the BRC yet? If not, I suggest you start there. The Basic Riding Course will loan you a bike for the practical part and that will give you a feel for the bikes. Between what you get feeling how a bike rides and the knowledge you gain from that training you will be in a far better position to actually evaluate a bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts