Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

There is a beautiful 74 Honda CB360 that I'm planning to buy as my first bike, it looks well taken care of with only 6k miles. The seller has the matching title, however, it is unsigned and not in his name because he never registered the bike. He bought it from a mechanic, and so on - he has no idea who the titled owner is, and in fact, the title was issued in 1987. The listed owner has an address reasonably nearby, and there is no lien-holder listed on the slip.

So what happens next? I go to the DMV or AAA to transfer the title and register the bike - what do they do? Call the previous owner? Send them a letter? How big a hassle is this going to be and what's the worst that could happen?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
IDK what you mean by unsigned? Titles here have 2 spots, the first one is to be signed upon receipt of title, the second the seller signs when he sells the bike. Reason for 2 signatures is they should both match. If he hasn't signed it at all, you could just sign the **** thing with his name and then sign it into your name and go on. Very illegal but it can be done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally unsigned. The slip looks exactly like the one at this link, but no sig and no white copy.

imagehost.vendio.com/a/20265780/aview/Front_of_Pink_Slip.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts