Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, it is my second bike, My first bike was a 1972 Honda CZ175(I think, it didn't come with a title.) I was going to post this in the restoration or repair forum but it said I need a minimum of 3 prior posts or something like that. I just bought a 1974-76 Yamaha DT 250(also no title, but I paid $60 for it), I am pretty sure it was an enduro because there was a bunch of holes for headlight, taillight, blinkers, guages, etc. It looks like they pulled everything off of it and used it for a dirt bike.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can order a repair manual for like $10. Also if there is anywhere I can go to find out who was the last owner of the bike to see if I can get him/her to send me the title(if they lost it) or apply for a lost title. I was thinking DMV but I don't think they can give out personal info, not a 100% sure though. If you know where there is a motorcycle grave yard or wrecking yard that will send me parts will you let me know. Thanks for taking the time to read this and helping me out.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
The DMV is about the only place you can get a lost title replaced. The procedures will vary from state to state, so it's best to check with them on what hoops to jump through.

Ebay is probably the best source for used parts and manuals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it checked out by the local police to see if it was stolen and luckily it wasn't. The last time it was registered for street use was back in 1982. 32 years it is going to be difficult to find the title if it is at all possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts