Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500R just about a month ago, and so far I'm loving everything about the motorcycle as well as the biker community! I've learned how to put my hand down to the side to passing riders (love doing that), as well as getting all the attention. I'll have guys come up and ask me about the Ninja, especially since I'm so young.

Anyway, about the bike- its got roughly 8,000 miles but the engine runs perfect. A few minor scratches and a crack on the lower fairing, but hey- it's an excellent first bike. Also, if any of you are looking for a new helmet, I recommend an HJC IS-16. I couldn't imagine riding without one of those pop-down sun visors!

I think I'll probably upgrade in a year or two (even though I could stay with the 500 forever), but I've always liked the look and sound of the Suzuki/Honda/Yamaha bikes. As for me, I would consider a GSX-R600 if it was a good deal. But for now, my Ninja is perfect :thumbsup:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Nice find. Personally I would stick with the Ninja indefinitely, you can always change the pipe to get the sound you want. ;)

·
i dont like taxis
380 Posts
Im 22 and i got my first MC a week ago. I get a lot of questions too because i look like i can pass for 16.

How much did you pay for that? If you don't mind me asking. Also, i agree with Jester on keeping the Ninja. Stay safe!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im 22 and i got my first MC a week ago. I get a lot of questions too because i look like i can pass for 16.

How much did you pay for that? If you don't mind me asking. Also, i agree with Jester on keeping the Ninja. Stay safe!
I payed $2500 for the bike and $1000 for the guy to haul it from KC to Omaha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
be careful especially with cornering... i dropped my ninja 500 last night b/c i was cornering with too much speed so i did front break... well, remember to slow down before cornering congrats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts