Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! First post... Would really appreciate some advice.. Will most likely buy one of these two bikes... Here's the situation... First is a 03 honda shadow spirit 750 with 26000k looks great small dent in tank(bike fell over into his fiances bike in trailer while being moved)... Asking 3200 Canadian but sure I can get it for 2500-2700... Says it's in great shape.... Other bike is an 03 suzuki marauder 800 with 1850 original k.. Guy bought it for his ex wife new in 03 and she never rode it!! Haha is a shop owner and it has been stored under a cover in a heated garage for much of its life... Rode some.. Had it insured last in 09.. Says he has started it up every 3 months to let it run since he's had it... He seems to be a bit of a collector and says he knows how to store vehicles... Seems legit. The bike is apparently showroom condition... He wants 3700 Canadian and won't budge... Now then, it's my first motorcycle and money is fairly tight... They both look like good deals based on what similar bikes go for around here... Any insights/advice on the bikes themselves, reviews, what seems like the better deal... Etc. anything you could think of that would help would be MUCH appreciated. Going to look at them both very soon and buy one of them. The honda is local, the suzuki 4 hours away... Thought maybe if the honda felt really good maybe I'd just take it... Probably go see both though. What do y'all think? Thanks a lot.

·
American Legion Rider
18,680 Posts
Not what I would consider a "beginner" bike. There's just a lot that must be learned and having too much power in that throttle hand can be dangerous. Can it be done? Sure but realize you would be better off with something smaller. Have you even taken a basic riding course? Would highly suggest it. You may find it's just not for you anyway. There have been people get bikes like this and it actually hindered their learning and they would be the lucky ones. Some we never hear from again. Good luck no matter what you decide though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts