Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been meaning to get around to this. A while a go I was stuck in Alsip IL and it took a while for AAA ( par for the course for mc) to find a wrecker that would bring me 40 miles home. They finally got me someone who would do it. It was Rigos Towing Inc. 773-491-9701 773-510-1067 Chicago Il 60623. 24 hrs 7 days. He has a crew with truck computers, GPS, the works.

He has the flat bed, the mc equipment , experience, and if there are any problems he seems like the person to take care of any issues. No, he is not my brother. He did a great job and made my day and hopefully someone else can use him. He also has great music videos. Had a blast on the way home at 3 am in the morning.

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Finding good tow service can be a challenge. The problem insurers have is they want the cheapest and we end up wanting the most expensive because those that know how to handle a motorcycle need better equipment which cost more so it costs more. And if you are tight on time you pretty much have to take the next one on their list of rotating towers. Catch22 all the way around. Certainly great that you got a good one but don't expect it the next time. Insurers do it on a rotational basis. Next on the list that's who you get even if the one you like is closer. Stupid but that's how they work. My experience anyway.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You hit it right on the nail. 100% agree.

I actually get on the flat bed if they let me and check all the straps, chocks etc. for tightness and that over the drive these do not damage the bike. I bring old rags with me to protect parts of the bike if needed.

Understanding the setup helps me ensure a less experienced person can do it right or deny services if he is way off base and does not have a clue.

Going to see if I can contact my wrecker and have him take a picture of one his mc tows and share a proper setup. That could help others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts