Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a late start for me this year. I had a broken down riding mower blocking my motorcycles in the gagarge.
I finally got it running and moved this week.

So today was my first commute day of the year. I did take it to town last night and filled up the tank, but was only gone about 15 minutes.

I could tell I was a bit rusty, I am ashamed to say I have not been on either bike this winter at all.
I dug out my cool weather riding gear, but for the life of me could not find my winter leggings.

I leave the house at 4 am, it is about 40 miles to work. 47F this morning.

I get to work and they need me to take a part over to my repair guys in Louisville, about a 50 mile round trip.
It is small enough to fit in the hard bag. On the way over I am hitting morning traffic, still feeling a bit rusty.
I take a different way back to avoid heavier traffic.

I walk back into the plant and immediately they tell me there is a question about warranty on the part I took for repair, and will I go get it back! So I load up and take the trip a second time today. I was in a hurry as a tech was coming to look at it to give us the OK. I'm not sure just at what point I noticed that I was no longer thinking about the bike and was just riding.

So I sit here with 140 miles on the bike today and still at least a 40 mile trip home. It is possible I may be taking the part back over to the repair guys before I go home. The rust seems to be gone and everything feels back to normal. The VTX is running like a dream, again.

Looks like it is going to be a good year.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I know during the winter months, if it stays cold and I don't ride much, my riding skills deteriorate. When my wife used to ride with me, I wouldn't let her ride until I was feeling comfortable on the bike again.
I should move to Arizona.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.