Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have any old photos of bikes with family or friends you would like to share here? This one is of dad in 1966 or 1967 with his new Duc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like maybe a Bronco 250 or 350? Wish I had that bike now! Note the great safety gear and cig.:biggrin: He took me on my first motorcycle ride on the back of that Duc. That was when I caught the "I love anything with two wheels and a motor" bug. After that ride, I asked when I would be able to ride a motorcycle on the street, and was devastated to learn that I'd have to wait four excruciatingly long years before I could do that. Dad and I rode dirt and street together until he dumped his Harley at age 77, broke some ribs, and called it quits. He's 82 now. So, show 'em if you got 'em!
:71baldboy:

P1040160.jpg

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
My dad (on the left side of the pic with the cast on) on his late 70's Honda 750 and a friend on his '77 Honda....this was around 1979 or 1980

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dad (on the left side of the pic with the cast on) on his late 70's Honda 750 and a friend on his '77 Honda....this was around 1979 or 1980

Riding with a cast...there's one die-hard cycle dude! Retro helmets are back in style. I wore a 3/4 helmet back in the day, and my non-riding friend would ask me if I got shot from cannons for a living.:biggrin:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dad became a cop at age 35. This is a shot of him on his AMF Harley in the mid-1970's not too many years before he retired. The kid asked him "Are you a real cop?". My dad gave him that goofy face in return. What you can't see in the photo is the kid sticking his tongue out at him.:p

P1050127.jpg

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Riding with a cast...there's one die-hard cycle dude!
that's his small cast, if you look close you can also see his cane sticking out to the side right behind him....but it was more fun to watch him ride with crutches strapped to the back of that bike and a cast on from his toes to his hip (he drilled a small hole in the side to slip over the shifter), he rode to his Dr. appointments that way :biggrin: pissed of Mom and the Dr.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's his small cast, if you look close you can also see his cane sticking out to the side right behind him....but it was more fun to watch him ride with crutches strapped to the back of that bike and a cast on from his toes to his hip (he drilled a small hole in the side to slip over the shifter), he rode to his Dr. appointments that way :biggrin: pissed of Mom and the Dr.
So you're saying he did things his way. Cool.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts