Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going through so much, I finally got to make my first legal ride yesterday. The wreck really set me back. Had to keep delaying things. I stayed focused and patient, most times. Went on a 50 mile little trip. First stop was a new burger place in downtown Bryan Tx. I'll certainty be going back. Second stop was a little out of town spot to the old house that my buddy lived at years ago. He taught me how to ride on a Suzuki 100 Enduro on the driveway going up to their house in the woods. The end by the road was the turn around point. My first few turn around about scared me to death. That faded fast and became power slides. Then onto a loop around the west side of town. We rode the Suzuki 100 for miles back and forth when it was a new toad and not alot of traffic, then we tore it up with my YZ400. So this was kind of a nostalgia ride for me. Thinking about the memories and the good times. Then back to the house to finish out the ride. I can see now how someone can say "I went for a little ride and a hundred miles later...." I had plans to ride to work today but the radar looked like it was time to make my first legal smart decision and leave it closed in the shop away from this storm that's about two hours away. I say legal because I've got thousands of miles riding in the old days heading the other way fast when you see a cop, and keep the pipes quiet.

I'm going to find a simple free photo sharing site and share a photo or two later today.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I also learned by riding mini bikes and dirt bikes in cow pastures and dirt roads. Didn't seem like it took too long after learning the basics, to seeing how far we could jump across something or flinging mud down by the pond doing donuts.

We learned real quick that doing donuts in the front yard was verboten! :)

·
On The Road Again!
4,352 Posts
Congrats on the ride!
Just don't wreck it again.
Dirt bikes? Cow pastures?? Dirt roads???
What are those?
I grew up in the city. My first bike was a Honda 90 street bike. I learned to ride by taking out on the city streets and practicing.
Never saw a cow pasture until I got a bigger bike and started taking longer rides out to the country.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I've been using Postimage since photobucket started charging a couple of years ago. It free, allows you to store your images in categories (named folders) and gives you a link for sharing and forum use.

·
On The Road Again!
4,352 Posts
What are those? Part of a larger picture. There is a formula for them.

Dirt bikes+Cow pastures+Dirt roads+kids on a Suzuki 100 = TonsOfun
You mean to tell me that all the time I thought I was having tons of fun riding the city streets of New Jersey on my Honda 90, I actually WASN'T?
:surprise:

·
Visionary
5,413 Posts
I grew up in the city too but I was lucky? enough to live 100 feet from a huge landfill/ dump and thats where we rode mini bikes and dirt bikes. The place was loaded with broken concrete and rebar sticking out, great incentive not to crash :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
One of the problems about learning to ride in the country is mini bikes and dirt bikes need gas and there wasn't a gas station in the corner of every cow pasture.

Cutting a few feet off the end of a garden hose, slipping it in a gas tank of a pickup, then sucking on it takes a bit of practice to get just right.

Watching someone else puking and gagging from a mouth full of regular can be funny as heck, but when it happens to you, its not so funny. But I guess it was worth it to have a full tank in the bike when you're 14, 15, or 16 years old. :)

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
It's a wonder we survived. Especially when you went to light up a cigarette after drinking fuel. Anything to get that gawd awful taste out but I saw a guy do just this. I ran for milk. It didn't work either.

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't really remember where we got the gas from. it was a two stroke and it always seemed to have enough oil. You didn't have to mix it. There was a little window to look into and it always seemed to be full. Maybe their dad was taking care of that. I don't know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts