Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nightfly
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, and probably more models than can be seen. I just happen to be a Sportster rider, hence my comment.

·
7,448 Posts
HOT !!!!!--The weather:biggrin:

Sam:71baldboy:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
What a comment this article is on our own society. We actually think there is something strange and adventurous about a woman riding. It is no more adventurous in real terms than a guy riding a bike.
Wake up and smell the coffee folks. The ladies are often as good as or better than we are as riders and I would love to see them better represented in any riding group.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've only run into one idiot who cursed me out saying that us women are taking over the guys world. My response to him was plain and simple. Don't wanna see a girl riding a bike, better close your eyes, cause we are out there. You don't wanna ride with a girl, good don't. But ain't nothing you are gonna do to stop us. It's not like we are taking anything away from you.

·
Nightfly
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I disagree Oldman. These are not your stereotypical women from Arab countries out for a fun ride with their friends. In Arab countries women are usually kept inside, covered up and not allowed to even drive a car. So riding a motorcycle is definitely breaking the stereotypical roll of woman when imagining motorcycle riders from the Arab countries. I would imagine they have to be a little more careful riding in their country than women do here.

Personally I have never met any guys who put women down for riding. I think it's a great thing and wish I would see more of them. I think you misunderstood what the article was trying get across. I think they were praising the women who have the balls to ride in a country where any kind of independence is frowned upon.

·
Registered
354 Posts
UAE is about the only country in the gulf region that you would see a female on a motorcycle. Saudi Arabia doesn't allow women to drive period.

·
Nightfly
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UAE is about the only country in the gulf region that you would see a female on a motorcycle. Saudi Arabia doesn't allow women to drive period.
Agreed. The UAE is more progressive with their treatment of women in general than the majority of other Arab countries.

·
7,448 Posts
I was expecting to see some Muslim women covered from head to toe in their male enforced costumes.

They will probably be beheaded soon by their slave masters or taught to strap surprizes on themselves and ride to where Americans or Jews are enjoying their day.

Another cynically jaded American Veteran speaking his mind.

Sam:coffeescreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts