Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
18,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once again too much government as far as I'm concerned and in the wake of the Waco shootings.

The trademarked logo of Southern California's largest motorcycle gang is unmistakable: a black-and-white image of 12th Century conqueror Genghis Khan, wearing sunglasses and bell bottoms riding a chopper while carrying a sword. For the club's 600 fully patched members, the logo is part of their identity and motto: "Mongols Forever, Forever Mongols."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/20/feds-go-after-motorcycle-gang-members-by-claiming-rights-to-their-logo/?intcmp=latestnews

Older articles
http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/05/14/lim...gang-chapters/
http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profile...law-motorcycle
http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profile...aw-biker-gangs

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Did you read the article?

As part of a plea agreement they gave Uncle Sam ownership of their trademarked logo...........

They agreed to give up their logo, everything with the logo in possession by members and their families, in return for a lighter sentence.

So whats wrong with the government saying they must uphold their end of the agreement?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
All the information I have is from the article.

I would guess that the ones that have the club authority agreed to it.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Ha ha ha So some club member defies the decree and goes riding down the road wearing the Mongul's logo and he gets pulled over for trademark / copyright infringement, which isn't even a misdemeanor but is a civil offense
ha ha Ha ha ha. I'm more likely to get pulled over for plagiarism than that!! Ha ha ha I'm in hysterics. OMG Warren look out it's the grammar police !!! What's next high-speed chases for ending a sentence on a preposition ??? lololol. I mean that was a hilarious move by the government but I really don't think it's very enforceable especially in light of the First Amendment. All the club's got to do is make one in significant change to the logo and then re-trademark it.

·
Nightfly
3,721 Posts
Does the government actually believe that by relieving the Mongols of their colors they will be stopping crime perpetrated by that gang? Is our government really that stupid? Well, yes they are. But... the criminal enterprise that we should all be most wary of are those criminals who reside in Congress down in Washington D.C. They are the ones taking our freedoms away, one by one. And we all stand by and do nothing, in the name of safety.

Why doesn't the government relieve the Bloods and Crips of their colors, or anything that makes them identifiable to each other? Oops, I forgot, they are black, can't do that.

I'm sure the Mongols will find an easier way to self-identify that will make it more difficult for them to be discovered, and easier for the rest of us to be falsely accused.

Some believe the government can't do it because of infringement of free speech. You haven't been paying attention, the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights mean nothing to this president, he tramples them every day.

·
American Legion Rider
18,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently TR that is exactly what more than 50% want. No more land of the free and home of the brave. If not so why in Sam hell did he get in a second time? My guess is rigged vote counting but then you know exactly what that means too. Welcome president clinton a second time only this one has balls. No caps on purpose. I have no respect for that office or them!

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
So let me get this right Hogcowboy you believe the government should've allowed the Mongols to continue to operate is a criminal motorcycle gang and shown some respect for their colors?

So now you're making this about your utter hatred of Obama rather than the fact that the Mongols agreed to surrender their colors in exchange for reduced sentences which was actually a very brilliant move by the government.

So what you're saying is you don't believe contracts are enforceable and the people should do whatever they want even after they sign a legal document agreeing to do something.

I got to give you credit hog cowboy being in favor of a criminal motorcycle gang instead of common decency law-abiding citizens and the rule of law.

And it's all Obama's fault

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
I don't like the Gov. being able to take that copyright.

Seriously though it's pretty stupid when you get right down to it. They're making them give up something that identified them.
W/o that logo they look just like us.

Well.... Maybe not Wade. :biggrin:

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
I don't like the Gov. being able to take that copyright.
The government didn't TAKE it, seize it, steal it. The Mongols' leadership SURRENDERED it, they traded it, they SOLD their identity in exchange for reduced prison sentences.

Kinda like the biblical character selling his birthright for a pot of beans.

If you think it was a mistake perhaps you should inform some of the Mongols of your opinion, either those in, or those "out" who didn't AGREE to the deal. Let them know what you think.

It was all symbolic, anyway. The first LEO to cite a present-day or future Mongol for "wearing the colors" will get laughed out of the police station. As sports contracts prove, a legal binding document means nothing in America today. MAny men's word is worthless today, especially drug-dealing criminals.

YOu want to be a 1%'er today? Do what you say you're gonna do. Honor your agreements. Make your word gold. Pay your bills, y our student loan. Don't cheat on your wife. Don't drink and drive. Feed the poor, turn the other cheek, allow GOD to exact revenge. Obey the laws we ALL agree on in this great nation of ours. And be a decent, good human being, not scum who makes a living on other people's misery by trafficing methamphetamine, which is a destroyer of lives. And then sells your name, your colors, for a shorter bid.

·
8,668 Posts
The government didn't TAKE it, seize it, steal it. The Mongols' leadership SURRENDERED it, they traded it, they SOLD their identity in exchange for reduced prison sentences.

Kinda like the biblical character selling his birthright for a pot of beans.

If you think it was a mistake perhaps you should inform some of the Mongols of your opinion, either those in, or those "out" who didn't AGREE to the deal. Let them know what you think.

It was all symbolic, anyway. The first LEO to cite a present-day or future Mongol for "wearing the colors" will get laughed out of the police station. As sports contracts prove, a legal binding document means nothing in America today. MAny men's word is worthless today, especially drug-dealing criminals.

YOu want to be a 1%'er today? Do what you say you're gonna do. Honor your agreements. Make your word gold. Pay your bills, y our student loan. Don't cheat on your wife. Don't drink and drive. Feed the poor, turn the other cheek, allow GOD to exact revenge. Obey the laws we ALL agree on in this great nation of ours. And be a decent, good human being, not scum who makes a living on other people's misery by trafficing methamphetamine, which is a destroyer of lives. And then sells your name, your colors, for a shorter bid.

You actually think the MC said "We have an idea, reduce our sentences and you can have our logo"?
Regardless, the Gov. now owns it and has no business owning it, no matter the situation.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Does the government actually believe that by relieving the Mongols of their colors they will be stopping crime perpetrated by that gang? Is our government really that stupid? Well, yes they are. But... the criminal enterprise that we should all be most wary of are those criminals who reside in Congress down in Washington D.C. They are the ones taking our freedoms away, one by one. And we all stand by and do nothing, in the name of safety.

Why doesn't the government relieve the Bloods and Crips of their colors, or anything that makes them identifiable to each other? Oops, I forgot, they are black, can't do that.

I'm sure the Mongols will find an easier way to self-identify that will make it more difficult for them to be discovered, and easier for the rest of us to be falsely accused.

Some believe the government can't do it because of infringement of free speech. You haven't been paying attention, the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights mean nothing to this president, he tramples them every day.
LMAO

all this took place in 2008, a few yrs later the injunction was partially released

·
8,668 Posts
In case you didn't notice I was responding to what TR said.

2008 and blaming Obama

"ll this took place in 2008, a few yrs later the injunction was partially released"

Nope you didn't make it clear.

Just tryin' to fill you in in case you missed it, because the fact it was partially released was also in the sources.

·
American Legion Rider
18,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You fail to realize Wade this has nothing to do with Obama. He's there now yes and apparently by popular vote. It's about government over reach. I don't like the sound of the USSA. That's the trend though.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Nope you didn't make it clear.

Just tryin' to fill you in in case you missed it, because the fact it was partially released was also in the sources.
I did everything possible to show what I was responding to.......I quoted it, if you didn't read it there's nothing I can do about it.

and yes the fact that it was partially released a few yrs later was in the link

In case you didn't noticed it was a few yrs later........that was when Obama was in office........partially correcting the other presidents mistake......according to TR

·
Nightfly
3,721 Posts
LMAO

all this took place in 2008, a few yrs later the injunction was partially released
You're one of those guys that spends a lot of his time pettifogging. I never made any reference as to when or what happened in the past to the Mongols colors. It's common knowledge that the government lost that case and so the Mongols did retain ownership of their colors at that time. And yes, the government has tried to reinvigorate this case again beginning in 2013, I think. That was never my point, I guess you couldn't see that. So who cares that you could LYSAO.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts