·
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Fair
72°F
22°C
No code has to be inserted here.

72 degrees, blue skies and Heavenly!

I have had a terrible cold this past week and didn't even go to Church this morning!!!!

A little voice whispered to me: "You already missed Church but you will not get another day like this to ride anytime soon so go for it!" I didn't because I'm still very sick AND I sure didn't want any of my Congregation to see me out riding after I missed Church!!!! Verbotten :)

It is supposed to snow in a few days, right when I will probably feel good again! Oh the Humanity:(

I hope it is beautiful where you are!

Sam:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not for us, it's December and January, so far February hasn't been that bad other than a couple days this week dipping down into the teens overnight! I rode yesterday and will ride again this Wednesday (the high should be about 35*f)!!

·
American Legion Rider
18,929 Posts
Well my wife is out riding but I just feel like I couldn’t even hold the bike up. Ever since the doc said some of my parts are passed their expiration date and he started “fixing “ things I’ve gone down even further.

So it’s back to more blood testing looking for specific numbers that are causing this. Those that have had their thyroid removed will understand. Mine is still with me but isn’t doing what it is supposed to and they think what I’ve been taking is driving one number sky high and another to the basement.

I just just feel so lethargic and weak it isn’t funny. Before this I could at least go ahead and push on but not now. This just plain sucks. And the weather is beautiful. 🤬🤬🤬

·
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope they figure it out Larry and you get better soon!

About 6 years ago I asked my Doctor to check my Thyroid the next time he took blood because I had never had it tested in the past!

The blood work showed that I was totally hypo-thyroid to the point that it didn't work!

I was happy in a way because I'd always wanted to blame something on my obesity other than my gaping mouth:)

I love to say: "It isn't my fault, it's my Thyroid!"

I have been on Thyroid medicine for a long time now and I have lost about 45 lbs but I think it's from eating Oatmeal instead of donuts :)

Sam

·
American Legion Rider
18,929 Posts
Beer Sam beer. A liquid diet. 🤗🤗🤗

EDIT:
But 45 pounds is a bunch. How far are you going to go with this?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Fair
72°F
22°C

I have had a terrible cold this past week and didn't even go to Church this morning!!!!

A little voice whispered to me: "You already missed Church but you will not get another day like this to ride anytime soon so go for it!" I didn't because I'm still very sick AND I sure didn't want any of my Congregation to see me out riding after I missed Church!!!! Verbotten :)

It is supposed to snow in a few days, right when I will probably feel good again! Oh the Humanity:(

yeah correct

·
Visionary
2,983 Posts
I hope you get it figured out and feel better soon!

Well my wife is out riding but I just feel like I couldn’t even hold the bike up. Ever since the doc said some of my parts are passed their expiration date and he started “fixing “ things I’ve gone down even further.

So it’s back to more blood testing looking for specific numbers that are causing this. Those that have had their thyroid removed will understand. Mine is still with me but isn’t doing what it is supposed to and they think what I’ve been taking is driving one number sky high and another to the basement.

I just just feel so lethargic and weak it isn’t funny. Before this I could at least go ahead and push on but not now. This just plain sucks. And the weather is beautiful. 🤬🤬🤬

·
Visionary
2,983 Posts
The groundhog said spring would be early. 2 hours later the temps dropped and this stuff hit the ground.
That damn rodent lies. Fake news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts

Fair
72°F
22°C

no

·
Nightfly
3,756 Posts
Coldest month around here is January, but it hasn't been too bad. Hope it continues through February. March can go either way but usually wind is the biggest pain in the butt.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I was tempted to get out and ride, I'm just south of Porky. Beautiful blue skies, warm temps, it was tempting, but I didn't. Eye doctor appointment is Thursday. I'll wait until I can see good, won't be long now! o_O

·
American Legion Rider
18,929 Posts
It's the start of yoyo season. From well below freezing to close if not in the 90's. Rain, sleet or snow then dry. It's a crazy to time. This was just a week or so ago...

·
On The Road Again!
2,720 Posts
We've been having a yo-yo winter here, which is very unusual for New Jersey.
Yesterday it was around 40 all day.
This morning when I woke up, it was SIX degrees!!!
By midweek coming up, they expect it will be up near 50.
Weird man, weird!

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
We are busting in to spring. December was one of the driest ever. January one of the wettest. I did get the ditch plan worked out, and will finish them when the ground dries some more. I am tempted to break out the Triumph soon. The 400 did the winter work.
Thyroids are not my department, but Tony the Pony had problems with his. Was our first winter on the farm and we were broke, and the Tony got sick. $$$$ later, and he was around for a few more years, to about 30 something I think.
Hope you guys survive your ailments okay. After the house is built, I may be available for beer induced consultations.
Will need Rollin to draw me a map. Shirley usually does the land navigation, I do the water work.

UK

·
Visionary
2,983 Posts
After a relatively mild winter, spring is coming early this year to the NE I think, we have started the crazy up and downs in temperature and waves of rain and a bit of snow that usually mark the end of winter.
The last 36 hours we have seen 8F and 50F, in Pennsylvania, today it was 26F when I rode into work and should be 40F+ later on, not bad at all.This time of year we can see anything, 70F and 2 feet of snow in the same week is not that unusual.

I'm watching the weather for the end of the month, if it looks good I might have a special ride to do...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Here in northern Illinois it is cold and wet and miserable. Despite the fact that I was able to get out and ride for three different days in the month of December, something not normal around here, I have not ridden since. Part of the issue for me was a bad case of the flu that knocked me out for almost a month, followed by a severe dental infection that I am still struggling with despite losing a molar. So now in mid-February it feels like an endless winter to me. Even if it suddenly warms up to over 40 degrees (my low threshold for riding), I'm not sure I want to take the bike out on the salt covered streets just yet, even though I really miss riding right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts