Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,333 Posts
Yes, I live about 50 miles due North of there and 'Retired Guy,' a member of the forum lives nearby:grin:

All of the surrounding areas offer unsurpassed Rural roads into the Heartland AND, the roads are well maintained :smile_big:

Retired Guy and I plan on getting together for a ride soon:wink2:

There are excellent Hotel's and Restaurants, Airport and lots of Powersport dealers in the area.:smile:

Sam:nerd:

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
And I can assure you that the area has plenty of nice riding. But dog gone it, stop giving away the secrets about Arkansas. Oh shoot, I just did it too.:grin:

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
There are plenty of hotels and places to eat in the area, but being from nearby, I prefer to avoid the cities. The rides in the surrounding areas are great. The vast majority of the two lane state highways are well maintained, smooth and well marked. A couple times I have rode to Eureka Springs, then to Harrison and then just turned south and started riding.
I'll stop when I see something that interests me, a creek, a river, a tourist trap or just a nice view of the country. I've got totally lost. When its time to head home, I'll ride to an intersection of two highways, get the map out and figure out how to get home. On a hot summer day, riding a shaded two lane road by a creek or river has its effect.

On the Pig Trail, I have met a lot of riders from other states. Some just like to ride the Pig Trail on their way to other locations, others that I have met say they always spend a few days in the area before going elsewhere, or going home. It has sharp turns a few nice sweepers and places to pull over for breaks and photos. I've never had a fear of running out of gas and some of the mom and pop cafes in the little towns have really, really good cheeseburgers! (Not all of them, but most of them. Check reviews on google when possible, if there's a lot of bikes there, forget google.)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,333 Posts
Hwy 7 and the Arkansas Alps from Harrison to Russelville is fantastic as is HWY 90 from Noel to Cassville:grin:

So many roads---so little time:wink2:

Sam:nerd:

G

·
I will butt in here, I am really looking forward to being in the area. I am in the process of moving to a little place about 30 minutes north of Waldron. My wife is already there. I have about a year and a half before I retire and join her full time. In the mean time I will ride when I get the opportunity. Really looking forward to learning the county and the awesome roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts