Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what everyone's favorite trip to take is? My favorite is our Sunday breakfast run with my lady, we hit our favorite diner and then do a 75-100 mile run, and we pick a different direction each Sunday. Last Sunday was southwest

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,127 Posts
My favorite trip is always the next one I am going to take

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
to date, the trip I took across PA on route 6 last year. Planning a longer one down across West VA for later this summer.

·
Very Famous Person
9,875 Posts
to date, the trip I took across PA on route 6 last year. Planning a longer one down across West VA for later this summer.
--

Klr, 6 is pretty, but too much traffic.

I like a run in Colorado here on Hwy.141 that goes from colorful canyons cut by rivers through layers of rock, to glacially created wide valleys and views of tall granite peaks. In addition to a description, there are a number of photos I took along the way. I travel that route a dozen times each summer.

--

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,210 Posts
Any ride that has me out on my Woona... thats my favorite ride.

(the time I whispered into one lady's ear, "Your sister was better," and held on for dear life was a close second place)

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Got to be the California Coast... this despite the endless twisties in the Ozarks.

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
Great River Road between Hastings, MN and Rock Island, IL. Alternating between the two sides of the Mississippi along the way for the best riding.

or

WI Hwy 55 between Shawano and Crandon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There's a post on another biker forum about the longest US Road trip taking in 48 states and 50 monuments or significant historical sites - I don't think we can post links to another biker forum though?
When we honemooned in Vegas we hired a fatboy and rode to red rock canyon - it was for us non Americans like being on a film set, which felt cool, I wasn't used to the big wide bike though, kept grinding in the corners

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Hey Jo6pak, ride that river road on down thru Alton, IL. It is still beautiful down this way. If you do I suggest you go to the Wittmond Hotel Restaurant in Brusses. To get their you will need to take the ferry. Posting the ink below. They also have a facebook page.

http://www.wittmondhotel.com/dining.html

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
Hey Jo6pak, ride that river road on down thru Alton, IL. It is still beautiful down this way. If you do I suggest you go to the Wittmond Hotel Restaurant in Brusses. To get their you will need to take the ferry. Posting the ink below. They also have a facebook page.

http://www.wittmondhotel.com/dining.html
I've only been as far as Louisiana, MO, then across into IL and back up.

It's on my bucket list to ride the entire GRR from Lake Itasca, MN to Venice, LA.
Thanks for the tip, I'll put it in the trip folder:thumbsup:

·
Motorcyclist/Trucker/ Deplorable
1,188 Posts
Eureka MO to Bixby Mo and back

Golden CO up Hwy 7 to Nederland and back could do that rund 20 times a day and never get boring unless it was a Holiday and cages all over the place.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
my favorite ride is the first 1/4 mile on a new bike....

all other rides are business.

Welcome

1 - 20 of 20 Posts