Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any of you guys successfully pull it off to make it look good. Post pix of you and your bike! :71baldboy:

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
I have no picture available to share, but my wife and me both wear full face helmets. They are modular HJCs. Mine is matte black, wife's is gloss black with pink pin stripes. We wear them on all of my bikes, including the Sportster and the new Harley Ultra. I have never wondered if we can "pull off" the look. I didn't know I needed too. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no picture available to share, but my wife and me both wear full face helmets. They are modular HJCs. Mine is matte black, wife's is gloss black with pink pin stripes. We wear them on all of my bikes, including the Sportster and the new Harley Ultra. I have never wondered if we can "pull off" the look. I didn't know I needed too. :)
LOL, well, I just meant, you know, you always see the majority in 1/2 and 3/4 and that's the stereotypical look w/ cruisers. :D

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
No pics here either but you disqualified me right from the git-go when you called this a Fashion Thread. There is not one thing about me that is fashionable! :p

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
I'm wearing my modular in my signature picture but I think I have the chinbar up

Here is a not very good selfie

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No pics here either but you disqualified me right from the git-go when you called this a Fashion Thread. There is not one thing about me that is fashionable! :p
Haha, anyone who believes in max'ing protection is fashionable in my books though. :thumbsup:

I'm wearing my modular in my signature picture but I think I have the chinbar up

Here is a not very good selfie

A for effort. :D

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
I have a half, a three quarter and a full face mod. And they are all gray. For me its all about outside temperature. Although I love the three quarter best. I dont so much care how I look cause I'm not looking at myself. :biggrin:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
I forgot about this one my wife took:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot about this one my wife took:

Hey, that looks pretty sharp, matches your ride...did your wife help you out or you picked the color scheme yourself? Kudos.

I wear a full face and a modular. It's about the protection, not the fashion.
Oh ya, but why not be fully-protected *and* look damn good at the same time? :biggrin:

·
Motorbike Macgyver
363 Posts
I wear a full face and a modular. It's about the protection, not the fashion.
You said it best. I'm a minimalist, and will take function over form any day. I don't care what a helmet looks like as long as it offers adequate protection at a price I can afford. I used to have a fulmer modular helmet, till I traded it for a skid lid for whatever dumb reason. Seems fulmer helmets come down in price recently, so I might pick one up soon. For now, I've got a hawk modular helmet that my Bluetooth earbuds fit nicely under. I don't plan to listen to music while riding although I've debated about it, my main reason for wanting to use my headphones is if I need navigation. In the past I've pulled over to look at my phone while trying to navigate, it works but is a hassle and time consuming. I'm hoping if I do pick up a fulmer, that my headphones will also fit under it.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
I have a half, a three quarter and a full face mod. And they are all gray. For me its all about outside temperature. Although I love the three quarter best. I dont so much care how I look cause I'm not looking at myself. :biggrin:
I like the half-shell in the front! SNEL Rated as well? Cost?

I wore a FF helmet for years, on my cruiser. These days I prefer the Bell Pit Boss Half Shell, with the drop-down visor. Does the visor on that Half Shell in your picture "drop down?"

-Soupy

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
I like the half-shell in the front! SNEL Rated as well? Cost?

I wore a FF helmet for years, on my cruiser. These days I prefer the Bell Pit Boss Half Shell, with the drop-down visor. Does the visor on that Half Shell in your picture "drop down?"

-Soupy
Its an HJC IS-2. Yes the sun visor does drop down and it is pretty sweet. Great on really hot days. I believe I payed around $80 + or -? but its only DOT approved.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts