Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have a hurricane pending, I decided to take the day off and do a little prepping, and then a little riding. We're always pretty prepared, so there wasn't a lot to prep. I started out this morning by spending a couple of hours filling up both vehicles with gas, and then another 20 gallons for the generator, and then testing the generator. Checking supplies, food, water, portable AC and home defense all good. Then securing patio furniture and loose items around the yard, When finished, I took all three bikes out and took a family photo in the backyard. Since getting the Harley, I've kind of been neglecting the Guzzi and the Kawasaki. So I took each one on about an hour ride each, one right after the other. Riding three totally different bikes back to back felt strange to say the least, with the Versys X-300 feeling the strangest. Its the tallest, a 300cc adventure bike with a 6 speed transmission that you have to shift thru quickly because its geared so low. The Guzzi, 110 hp high torque motor with tall gears just felt sporty with the slightly forward leaning ergonomics. The Harley, tall gearing, lots a torque and relaxed ergonomics, made it a nice way to finish the day.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts
You just going to leave them out in the backyard? ;)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You just going to leave them out in the backyard? ;)
Not a chance. I keep the two scooters (not in the family picture) in the backyard shed, there's room for one bike in there with the scooters, but I keep all my lawn equipment & gas grill in there too. I keep the Kawasaki & the Moto Guzzi in the 16x10 motorcycle room that I added onto the back of the house about 12 years ago. I keep all my moto gear in there too, its air conditioned. It can be accessed from inside the house thru the kitchen or living room. It has 6' wide steel double doors leading into the back yard. I use to be able to fit 3 bikes in there with no problem. But with our extra freezer in the room, hunting & fishing gear, and a large 6' storage rack for Shannon, its slowly filled up over the years and there's no space for the Harley in the room, its kept in the garage.

Scooter Shed

Motorcycle Room

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
You are too clean to be Human????:grin:

Nice pic's and beautiful bikes.:smile:

I pray you weather the storm well:angel:

Sam:nerd:

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Good luck down there Zebra but now we know where mile marker zero went don't we. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news this morning. It looks like the new track has the storm hooking northward, so unless there's another change, it should miss us. Hog, I got that sign the last time I was down there (souvenir shop).

Reactions: Porky

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
We have a Mile Zero bike shop near here. It is on the 49th. The US Canada dividing line, except in a few places.
Was at a bike show today. All of your bikes were there.
And last night the power went out on my Island. Must be a sympathy thing for your area.
I checked with the power company, they said 1000 homes out East of South Road. South Road runs perfectly East West at my place.
Not the first folks to be geographically challenged with my Island.
Pleased in may pass you by.

UK

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's a nice family Zebra. Glad that storm missed y'all, Florida gets more than its share and that was a nasty one. We who live on the coast have to live prepared though, you can't go out as a storm's approaching and try to get supplies or whatever. My preparation for Harvey consisted of going home, everything else was already done. If it turned out it was going to get windy, I would have cleared the loose stuff in the yard, but it didn't. Just more rain than I've ever seen, or ever will again I hope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts