Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eight years ago when I turned 70 I rode my Kawasaki Ninja 650 across the country from Washington to Virginia and back. This year I took the easy way out and trailered my CBR500R to Kentucky and then rode for eight days around Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, Tennessee and North Carolina. I kept my blog going for most of the ride and it's in The Good Roads.

I went from record high temps during my ride (high 80's/low 90's) to record low temps in the drive back home. We barely missed the snow disaster in Denver by leaving at 0430 on Wednesday morning, and today it was 13 degrees when we started out in Evanston Wyoming. Tomorrow we should be home in Washington.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Good thing you trailered it with you with that kind of weather coming home. I'm heading out on a solo trip (riding) from Tampa Bay, FL to Bryson City, NC the first week of November. Hopefully it wont be too cold, I normally do this trip a week earlier and the weather is not too bad.

·
On The Road Again!
4,221 Posts
Wow! You just beat the bad weather there.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Really enjoyed the photography in your blog. Also enjoyed the great adventures!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow... I've driven/ridden past the HOF Museum a gazillion times (I used to live in Dayton, my kids still do...) but never stopped... gotta do it... ooomph !!

Great pictures...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good thing you trailered it with you with that kind of weather coming home. I'm heading out on a solo trip (riding) from Tampa Bay, FL to Bryson City, NC the first week of November. Hopefully it wont be too cold, I normally do this trip a week earlier and the weather is not too bad.
We'll miss you by a week. We'll be there the weekend of Oct. 25th, riding the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway, as well as taking in some other sites, like the Fugitive Bridge, and the Civil War grave site half way through the Dragon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.