Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gravel road not too far from home, named fall down hill, for obvious reason
A lot of guys have had a fall on this short section, I think it's all in the mind
Been doing this stretch many times without a oops
As a dual sport rider one have to have the ability to ride these kind of roads to be out there
I have ridden roads and places far more scary than this section, but still the name make people fear to ride it
Just to prove to myself that it's just another road, I went out yesterday, all by myself, and did it without any effort
A lot of pictures for a nice short outride - 80 km loop
I will post in sections

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
Maybe there are some rougher sections you couldn't stop to take pictures because they were extremely rough, but what you showed in the pictures you posted here, I would not have a problem taking my land yacht down or up or on. Yes, I'd have to pay attention but it looks doable. The road out of my place looks about like that except instead of red colored mine is gray. Big deal. But if people are avoiding it, from what I see then, they are missing a lot. Just like folks here are missing a lot of nice country. Nice photos by the way. And with a drought you still got blooms. What is that then, some weed you have there to bloom during a drought???

Reactions: Dual

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a winter rainfall area, plant season starts in a couple of weeks
I will later on in the year show how green the area will be, also a lot of Canola
This is from last year

I think I will start a thread "South Africa" where I will share our beautiful area to you
We have so much to offer just where we stay and it's a small part of our country

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Wow, great photos! I definitely need to see that part of the world sometime!

Reactions: Dual

·
Registered
781 Posts
Looks like a normal dirt road to me. Like Hog says, if people are avoiding that road, they are missing a lot. Beautiful pictures by the way.

·
Driftless Rider
1,554 Posts
I'm guessing, as usual, the hill is steeper than it looks in the photos?

Also, as usual, every ride ends up with dozens of photos of a motorcycle with different scenery in a background:grin:

Great shots, and looks like a lot of fun exploring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts