Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used factory pros ignition advance? runs about $90 on ebay for the FZR600. did starting bike become easier, less misfire, did you get that crisp power delievery back from when bike was brand new ?? these are things I hear a timing advance will do

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,924 Posts
Have seen some Brands this works well on such as my Victory which set the Timing Wheel +4 and worked great and others such as my 05 Dyna with a Dynatek 2000 Ignition Module and anything above the Stock Setting of 36A made it have Harder Starts when Hot and a slight Miss sometimes on Decel .. but for $90.00 might be worth a shot to see and then come back and state if it was money well spent ..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have seen some Brands this works well on such as my Victory which set the Timing Wheel +4 and worked great and others such as my 05 Dyna with a Dynatek 2000 Ignition Module and anything above the Stock Setting of 36A made it have Harder Starts when Hot and a slight Miss sometimes on Decel .. but for $90.00 might be worth a shot to see and then come back and state if it was money well spent ..

I will definetley do that. on my bike its not a timing wheel to change I dont think so. My pick up coil is in the staor cover and the factory pro advance is a bolt for the flywheel. not sure how it works but it offsets the flywheel slightly to left to advance by 5 degrees.

I plan on getting this in conjuction with a jetkit by this brand on ebay they claim to make custom jet kits for select bikes by using a dyno... you tell them any performance mods your running or engine mods. All I have are pod filters, r6 headers/straight pipe, going to buy the advance so not much but should fill up the soft spots of the powerband have been noticing issues running lean

·
Nightfly
4,619 Posts
When I installed the RevTech adjustable ignition module - adjustable curve and rev limiter, along with Crane high output coils it made a huge difference in my modded Sportster. Starting was much quicker as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.