Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a KBC VR-1 Helmet that does not have a face shield. I received the helmet from my Uncle. I am confident in its integrity as he used it rarely. Will other face shields fit this helmet? Which ones? I am having a hard time to find a KBC specific helmet. Also are face shields one size fits all. The information provided on ebay and other sites is scattered.
Thank You

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Shield

My Shoei helmet has a face shield with a specific part number. It will not fit other models of Shoei, and not any other helmet brand that I know of. They also cost too much.
I am suggesting that the different brands, and models of helmets, use different face shields.
You need to find a dealer for your helmet, and ask them. Or go on line and search. Type in the make and model of your helmet. Plan B is to buy a new helmet.

Unkle Krusty*

·
Ace Tuner
2,947 Posts
You'll need to find THE shield for THE KBC model helmet you have.
Also, the pivot / shield mount could be a problem on a helmet missing a shield so check those parts.
If the helmet is not in production it may be tough (if not impossible) to find a shield or a pivot kit for it.

You might need to 'bite the bullet' and buy a new helmet.

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
I think they suggest you replace your helmet every 5 years anyway. I do after 10. It's usually getting pretty beat up and funky at that time. 5 years always seemed way too soon though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks You All!

I ended up purchasing a new helmet. Tough to bite the bullet on the cost but I wont be complaining if it is needed to save my life. Thank you all for the replies. I am sure I will be back with more questions soon.

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Well done.

I ended up purchasing a new helmet. Tough to bite the bullet on the cost but I wont be complaining if it is needed to save my life. Thank you all for the replies. I am sure I will be back with more questions soon.
Good for you.
It is quite freaky and satisfying, to retire a helmet that saved your life.
I have also held in my hands, a helmet that did not save a life, about ten minutes previous. Not a pretty site.

Avoid solid objects and enjoy your ride.

Unkle Krusty*

·
Ace Tuner
2,947 Posts
I've probably had a helmet save my life. Or maybe it just saved my brains.
It was a $600 helmet and only six months old. I replaced it with one just like it. I don't spend that much on helmets these days but I do buy good ones.
Cheap insurance in my opinion.
I have lost too many friends because they didn't like to wear a helmet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts