Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am contemplating getting one an would like to know if you like yours or hate it an why. not really interested in the audio etc but of the ride an handling an ease of moving it around etc. owners of it only please. thanks

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
I've only sat on them, so can't give any first hand information on how they ride. The first thing that comes to mind is that they are huge motorcycles. The seating was very comfortable for me.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
Sitting on one at the Stealership, I found it to be very comfortable. I do love the looks of it as well. Lastly, I have heard that they now have kits for mounting a trunk, much like the standard GW, but would be easily removed if you do not need or want it for just riding around. That and combined with the fact that windshield height is easily changed via the aftermarket to suit a rider's desires, it looks to be an outstanding bike.

That being said, there are a few flies in the soup here. Talking to numerous Gold Wing owners, I have found that the current bikes (the 1800cc ones) have proven to have more reliability issues, and parts that often fail seem to be VERY expensive to replace, while the 1500cc GWs have much fewer instances of failure, and the associated issues that on occasion do occur are WAY cheaper to fix.

Lastly, I do not know whether or not the F6B has reverse like the full GW has. I do know that there have been situations where reverse would have been quite useful to me on my V-Max, which is a good deal lighter, and it would be something I would WANT on a bike like an F6B. (They do have it for the GW, I think it should be there on the F6B, and even the Valkaries)

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
If you(Biker Dash) were comfortable on the F6B, that must mean my knees would still hit the fairing just like they do on a GW. Given your height challenged stature that is. So is there a difference in the two in that regard or are they about the same? The fairing that is.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
I've had a '98 Fat Lady for about four months now. It really excels at pulling a trailer, is very nimble (once rolling), and very comfortable on the open road, no matter how big the road is. She weighs ~900lbs because of a few mods by the PO, like a belly tank, and air ride system from a GW, so you have to choose your parking spots carefully, and very low speed handling can get interesting. Quite a change getting used to her, after riding a CB450 and VS800GL for many years, which are less than 500lbs wet. BTW, I'm 5'7", and lifting the Valk off the side stand is bringing back memories of dead-lifting in the weight room :D

·
Double Secret Probation
288 Posts
I've had my 2015 F6B since February. It has remarkable handling for an 850 pound machine. Even at very low speeds it feels 250 pounds lighter than it is. The only time the weight is an issue is when moving it around by foot power. It is astonishing how well it handles. My last bike was a 2011 FJR1300 and I don't feel like I've given anything up in the handling department.

It is a great all-weather ride. I put on a taller windshield with a vent, and "wings" under the mirrors that I can pivot to block air or deflect more air inward. I can now manage the airflow and stay comfortable over a wide range of temperatures.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheesy your the guy's opinion i was looking for. someone that actually rode one. how is the seat on it, any good for say 8 hrs or so in the saddle? how about the gas mileage? i know she has a sizable tank . thanks.

·
Double Secret Probation
288 Posts
I find the seat comfortable for all-day rides. I know a lot of people don't like the stock seat and change it out, but I'm satisfied. I replaced or modified the stock seats on my last three bikes, so it isn't often I like the original.

I check my MPG with every fill-up. I usually get 40-43 MPG.

If I had to nitpick, my only complaint with comfort would be lack of leg room (I'm 5'11" w 32" inseam). The highway pegs I installed help a lot by letting me stretch out my legs. Also, I just got some new "drop mount" mini floorboards that I haven't installed yet. I'm pretty confident they will take care of that slightly cramped feeling.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
What are you, the giant from Jack and the F***ing Beanstalk?
Read the post above yours. It is a common problem on Wings and sounds like the same with this one.

·
Double Secret Probation
288 Posts
I should mention that compared to the regular Goldwing, the F6B is definitely roomier. The Goldwing seat pushes the rider forward quite a bit compared to the F6B.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Ah ha! Thanks. I just might have to take a look at one now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
chessy
that could be a problem cause i'm 5'8 with a 30" inseam an too much room would have me floating around the thing. mph is a little bit better then i thought. thanks for the info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts