Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Poland, and promising to be old school hand crafted above and beyond what Janus has brought to the market, have a peek at what the folks at Kosynier are offering:

The boardtrack model offers a 10KW motor and claims a 95 kph top speed and what I'd consider a decent range. Are we having fun yet?
Kosynier BOARDTRACK - EXTREME ELECTRIC BIKE

And for those who may want to spend a few less dollars and ride at a less breakneck pace there's the Delux:
Kosynier deLux - Electric Retro Bike

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another machine being produced along similar lines, out of a small operation in LA, USA, is the Juicer Electric bike:

Where the faux engine on the Kosynier is mainly decorative, (it also serves as storage for the 36V DC charger), the built-up "V twin engine" on the Juicer has purpose. The "crankcase" is the electric motor, and the "cylinders" are stacks of batteries.

I have to say I much prefer this mid-motor configuration to hub motors, even if it is less efficient. It seems much more accessible and easier to repair or hot-rod, as well as more "mechy". It's hard to find commercial bikes built this way though. Hub motors are far more common.

Here's more information about the Juicer machines:

The beautifully retro Juicer ebikes with striking EV-Twin battery mount

·
Registered
3 Posts
I re-entered the two wheel scene via the motorized bicycle route and can confirm there are some really cool i/c and electric rides being built by some very talented individuals on a couple of forums I'm a member of. It's easy to get sucked into giving it a go.
Here's my almost completed one-off BLUE BAMBOO electric stretch cruiser. Perfect beater for round town riding in Alnwick here in the UK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts