Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Honda CB250 just to turn it into a cafe racer in my spare time.

Anyways recently I have just encountered an issue. Yesterday I took off my exhaust to wrap it. After wrapping the exhaust I tried to reassemble it but I just can't. I don't understand how it was put together without the pieces falling.

When I took off the exhaust I had two of the half valve pieces (I'm unsure how to describe them).

Now these half rings fit perfectly inside the exhaust flange

Now here's the issue:

When I took the exhaust off I had no crush gaskets. Now are these semi circle rings supposed to replace them or not? I did have some spare gaskets lying around but another issue is even if I put them in, these other half rings, don't fit properly. So I am unsure how this is all supposed to fit together again.

Also the last issue is I tried to replace and reinstall the exhaust without the crush gaskets, and the issue is as soon as I let go of the little pieces they immediately fall out of place, I have nothing to hold them while I'm trying to put the flange on. Also the flange actually doesn't even come into contact with the little rings, so even if I get the flange on they just move out of place right away.

I wish I could post photos but I can't at the moment sorry

Any help would be a amazing, I really want to get this bike back on the road as soon as possible.

Cheers.

Anthony

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: On closer inspection I just noticed there is tiny pieces of a fragmented crush gasket that I just removed. Now I know the order og the pieces should be

Crush Gasket --> Collar Pipe --> Exhaust Flange --> Exhaust Pipe.

Now the only issue is nothing will stay. The crush gasket fits inside the cavity, and while it doesn't have any play, it isn't tight, so it still falls freely, the collar pipes always seem to fall and I can't even get the the exhaust flange because everything is already out of place.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Okay I have all the pieces assembled and in place but I cannot put the exhaust pipe in.

The extra thickness of the new crush gasket is making it impossible to set the exhaust in place. Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUESTION: Okay after another day of fiddling around. I have come to the conclusion that I can only get the exhaust on without the collar pipes / exhaust shoulders.

So It goes Crush Gasket --> Exhaust Flange --> Exhaust.

Now the question is. Do I really need the exhaust shoulders/collar pipes? If you don't know what they are just google them and you will understand. cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe the crush gaskets are too thick. Without the collars, it's likely to leak.
Maybe, I wouldn't know tbh. I just was given the Honda ones from my bike mechanic after he looked up the model and bike. Still unsure what to do though,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts