Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there fellow motorbike people.
I've got myself a Kymco KR 125 Sport (known as the Quannon outside the UK) and i'm having trouble getting parts. I mean i can get them but from the US or Far east with a hefty shipping cost. The exhaust system on this bike is an all in one, and to buy it and get it shipped to the UK it'll cost more than I paid for the bike so i'd rather scrap a bike that otherwise is in fantastic condition than pay for a part which i will lose money on when i sell the bike.
SO.....
The muffler is absolutely fine and so is half the length of pipe running from it. The problem is when a header pipe would be. The previous owner obviously never cleaned the bike down and the header part of the exhaust was barely even there when i took the wrapping off. So, to the question...

Can i chop the exhaust pipe halfway up, buy a universal header pipe that's the same size, chuck on kymco made exhaust collar, exhaust manifold and flange and then get a connector for the other end of the pipe to the muffler?

As long as it fits in the gasket snugly with the exhaust collar does it matter? And if so, where would i find one?

Cheer people!

Russ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Would a cbr 125 exhaust not fit? Not sure on the prices of them but I'm sure I have heard kymco make Honda engines.... Might be worth checking out

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Pipe

My old hippy buddy Jack at Jerrys muffler, had a mandrel bender and could make a pipe. Your local speed shop might have bends in stock.
Somewhere I wrote a post about not being able to get stuff built anymore.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supposedly cbr pipes don't fit from what ive read.
As for getting a pipe made it's not much cheaper. Ive been looking at USA sites for parts and you guys have it so much better. Parts over here are double the price it's ridiculous. I've had a look at a US site that's really cheap called kymcomonsterparts but read some really bad reviews and also there is no way to contact. No email which is quite worrying so i wont be using them.
The price over here is nearly $600 for the only system that kymco make and that's an absolute ripoff considering it's the same as the one ive got and the quality is disgusting. I could try a US store but many don't ship and by the time you do add the shipping to the u.k it's not worth it.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Another thought.

I bought a set of Mac 4 into 1 pipes for about $400- and change. Got the chrome ones as they were more original looking, and I have collector plates on my XS11. Well they rusted something awful.
So from now on, it is black pipes with paint now and then, instead of chrome.
Same thing with my XS400. Was chrome, now black.
The US has a big market, and generally do not need a lot of foreign business.
However, many do realize Canada is also a good market.
We keep a US address just across the border to have stuff shipped to.

I bought a swing arm shaft / bushing from a guy near Cardiff.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so is it just the diameter of the header pipe into the engine that's the problem? cos i have no problem bending one to fit as there are no fitting on the actual pipe just two on the muffler. I could buy any single cylinder header that will fit in the gasket, bend and cut it to length or on the other side if it's too short cut the length off the pipe that's attached to the existing muffler which is fine and then use a connector to join them and cold weld it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it's done right i'll pay whatever it costs within reason. it's £375 uk and and about $600 U.S to import a kymco one, so less than that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts