Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a news article that said there's a clothing company named EuroPapi that wants to sponsor a pilot to beat Valentino Rossi in the MotoGP.

How hard do you think it would be for them to get a pilot to beat Rossi? Too bad women can't be pilots:thumbsdown:. I'd love to get a sponsor and race. My husband thinks I'm crazy! I got so excited about the article that I couldn't sleep last night and wouldn't shut up about it. I even made my username "EuroPapi Pilot" I went to their website and it looks pretty new. Does anyone on here know anything about the site? The motorcycle wristband's looked pretty cool so I ordered a few. Hopefully I'll get them in a few days.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
It depends on what you mean by "beat".

Beat him in a race...certainly possible...beat him overall...gonna be real difficult.

Valentino is where hes at for a reason. Nobody can beat him.

I have a feeling that Valentino is considering racing the Isle of Man...but I cant tell. I saw him at the last IOM TT race, and he said they were crazy...but he had this look on his face like he was thinking, and thinking hard.

IDK...it will be interesting to see what he does next. He has enough MotoGP victories, so I wouldnt be surprised if he decided to try out another race.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you hear about Valentino's step father committing suicide last Friday? He shot himself in the chest with a riffle. That's horrible! I feel terrible for him.

I'm sure that will effect his performance against the new EuroPapi pilot. Do you have any idea who they might pick to do it?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
There are alot of good riders in MotoGP, but it sounds to me like they are looking for someone outside the current racers.

Seems like they want a dark horse.

Me personally, I think Id give Hiroshi Aoyama about 1 more season in 250cc, and then plant him on a superbike. Then it would probably take a couple of seasons for him to get up there.. The problem is Rossi may not stick around that long.

Pedrosi is pretty much the only one currently in a position to tackle Rossi in the immediate future, but to be honest...he just doesnt have it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm so mad...I just went on the europapi.com site and they're giving away free moto wristbands to the first 100 people that register. I ordered wristbands a few days ago. If I would have known I would have registered and got them for free. Oh well, I better register now so I get another free one.

Back to the pilot discussion, I read somewhere on the internet that they may be sponsoring a Spanish female rider. Will the MotoGP let her race? Has there ever been a female rider?

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
I'm so mad...I just went on the europapi.com site and they're giving away free moto wristbands to the first 100 people that register. I ordered wristbands a few days ago. If I would have known I would have registered and got them for free. Oh well, I better register now so I get another free one.

Back to the pilot discussion, I read somewhere on the internet that they may be sponsoring a Spanish female rider. Will the MotoGP let her race? Has there ever been a female rider?
For full and fair disclosure, would you happen to be employed by europapi, by chance?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I'm not employed by EuroPapi. I do know of the owner. My Husband use to work for his company back in the 80's. They imported grey market cars from Europe into California. I've started following EuroPapi after I saw the news article because I love motorcycles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts