Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know about the ordeal I have been going through with my dirt bike carb so to you I have wonderful news,ITS FIXED,!!After tearing this carb down I would say 25 times I finally came to the conclusion that Suzuki sold me the wrong jets.Tried this tried that and yesterday I just put all the old jets that I had already cleaned up back in and she is runnin just like a song!Thank you to ALL here who helped me with this and especially The Lord cause I did pray over this bike before I cranked it!As a newb to wrenching I have gained a lot of experience from this battle,y'all be safe out there.Got a ride in on the Harley today too what a day!!!!

·
6,509 Posts
Good for you and now not only did you learn something but you can someday pass that knowledge on to help someone else:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
As you now know, jets don't wear out, and don't need replacing unless damaged. Also, getting the correct ones often requires you already knowing which ones, so the dealer doesn't have the chance to screw up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As you now know, jets don't wear out, and don't need replacing unless damaged. Also, getting the correct ones often requires you already knowing which ones, so the dealer doesn't have the chance to screw up.
Yes & no.

Jets do wear out as any other metal against metal moving part does.

Dealers do screw up. (they're just guys who can't get a proper job after all!)

·
Premium Member
6,568 Posts
Jets

I am pleased you got the bike running.
However: It is fairly easy to find out what size the original jets are.
It is fairly easy to acquire new jets. It is fairly easy to read the number on the jets which tells you the size.

From stock the next step is to find out what if anything has changed.
There are tuning guides available.

But my main message is still: I am pleased you got the bike running.

Unkle Crusty*

·
V65 Junky
446 Posts
Yes & no.

Jets don't have metal to metal wear.

They meter the fuel so they get extremely little wear from the fuel.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Yes & no.

Only the needle jet/jet needle, as they are the only jets with moving parts. All the other jets are just holes that fuel passes through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts