Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy my first bike and I can not decide between the er-6n and the gladius. What do you all think about the 2?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I do really like the look with the trellis on the gladius. I did sit on one and the riding position is a little more leaned forward than the Kawi, and I was told it is a little more aggressively tuned. Less low end, more high end, and a little higher max speed. All slight differences though?

I don't really have anything else to offer as far as the gladius, I've never ridden one. But I did just purchase an ER-6n, and have a little info at: http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=100328

I use it as a commuter and its fantastic. Only had it for a couple weeks, but I spent over 2 hours in the seat one time and it was very comfortable/could have gone longer. This is my first bike as well and it is very manageable as I'm sure the gladius is too.

If you have any questions about the Kawi I'd be happy to answer them.

·
Veryfried
1,451 Posts
the er6n is a very nippy bike, very good handling, even if it does look a bit odd (imo)
also very economical and as with most kawasakis, the motor is bulletproof.

a friend had one for a while and traded up last year to a buell.
now he's on his second - a spanking new 1125r at a giveaway price.:D

it would be the er for me.

·
track junkie
797 Posts
Personaly I like the ER6-n, but that is just me.
Personally, I prefer the 2nd Gen SV650 to both, but again, that's just me :thumbsup:

I will say that the SV, being more popular than both, will be cheaper to modify and repair--but that may or may not be worth the trade off in styling.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Its a sad day that they dont make the naked SV anymore. The abomination that is the gladius just makes me want to vomit whenever I see it.

Performance wise they will be close and not noticeable. Just go for the one that feels more comfortable for you personally. You cant really buy a bad bike now a days.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I vote Er-6N. But you're the one who has to ride it.

Motorcyclist magazine did a comparo of the two last year. They preferred the Er-6n slightly, saying that it was a little more exciting than the gladius. Both have tried and true engines. Go with the one that looks better to you. Personally, I think the Er-6N has a cool "poor man's Aprilia Shiver" look to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts