Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1997 Suzuki GSX-R600 that looses power if I hold it at speeds above 100mph. Then as soon as I pull the clutch in, the engine dies completely. It's not every time though. Oh, and sometimes if I throttle it after this happens, I might get a little burst of energy but it will surely die. But whenever this happens all I have to do is pull over to the side of the road and start it back up again. Sometimes it takes a little longer to start but usually it will start right back up again. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
249 Posts
It hurts when I slam my weiner in a car door too. Of course there are no laws against dinkin' yer dong in a car door. There are, however, SPEED LIMITS. But hey, keep it up, maybe you'll leave yer prince albert on the freeway under a gasoline truck, or inside a deer carcass on a country twisty.

But what do I know.

loudest143
*I can't drive 55

·
Registered
12 Posts
It hurts when I slam my weiner in a car door too. Of course there are no laws against dinkin' yer dong in a car door. There are, however, SPEED LIMITS. But hey, keep it up, maybe you'll leave yer prince albert on the freeway under a gasoline truck, or inside a deer carcass on a country twisty.

But what do I know.

loudest143
*I can't drive 55
too damn funny... all good suggestions ... keep it under 100...

seriously though I hope someone here could give you an honest answer to why this is happening. I'm interested in the answer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think it's fixed.

I took the fuel tank off and cleaned out the gas line screen. Runs fine now. I appreciate the responses, especially you LoudestThreat! I agree it's stupid to ride that fast off the track but dammit, knowing that your bike takes a Sh*t at speeds my Focus can go just makes me feel...neutered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts