Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had to take my bike to the dealer for what might be an extended time. Coming home and seeing the empty spot in my garage where my bike normally sits was a strange feeling. It made me realize that I have not had to leave my bike overnight anywhere for as long as I can remember, so that should the weather be right I always had the option of going for a ride. Its a strange feeling to know that no matter how nice the day is, and even if I have nothing else on my agenda, there will be no ride, at least until the bike gets home. This made me feel almost grateful that today is starting out cold, damp and very windy; the kind of day that I would not have even considered going out for a ride. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the bike's problem is fixed while there still is at least some hope for mild days and motorcycle rides.

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
I'm going through the same thing except I just sold my Spyder and will not be picking up my new Slingshot until spring. I could get it sooner, but I don't want to waste 5 months of my 2 years factory warranty by letting it sit over the winter. :(

·
Registered
943 Posts
You guys have my sympathy! I have 3 bikes in the garage and hardly room to move!

There is a 1962 Honda 50 for restoration, a 1983 Honda 750 Shadow that I am holding for a friend until spring (- she wants to buy it and pay it off over the winter while I do some restoration/maintenance on it -) and my 2002 Harley FXD.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've already got major withdrawal symptoms,.......I don't know if I'll survive the winter............body shaking, fingers shaking at the speed of light.....oh no, I'm in trouble!!!! I've got the bug and I've got it bad!!!!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm seriously thinking about picking up a small scooter (but not too small) as a second "bike" this spring. About 30 years ago I had a 150cc Honda scooter than was incredibly fun to ride, and served as my entre into motorcycling. Although I love my Triumph Thunderbird, and find it incredibly versatile, a scooter for zipping around town or running to the supermarket for an item or two sounds appealing. Plus it would always be a set of wheels available to me if one or the other was out for repairs. Don't knock scooters if you've never tried them, it really is a different experience than riding a motorcycle. I'm just not sure at this point what is available right now from the major manufacturers but I will have fun investigating.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I've already got major withdrawal symptoms,.......I don't know if I'll survive the winter............body shaking, fingers shaking at the speed of light.....oh no, I'm in trouble!!!! I've got the bug and I've got it bad!!!!
I feel for you Zippy. I got out and rode today but it was not the best ride ever at 42F and cloudy. Tomorrow promises 52F and some sunshine so my wife and I are planning a nice day trip. Next Tuesday the forecast is for sub-freezing temperatures day and night for the following 5 days. Then I will probably experience at least a few days like yours, but there is always the next day. If I sit out all 5 days in that forecast I will have those same shakes you are having.

·
Registered
518 Posts
A 1984 Honda Shadow 700 just came up for $1,600 at a dealer. Looks real nice in pictures. So very tempting. I read here the wiring is a nightmare, though.

·
Registered
518 Posts
That was a bust. Good price for a bike in very good condition, but that was someone else's abandoned project. Exhaust pieces missing. Weird bluing on what was there. Blackout paint peeling. Aftermarket signals that were all faded out. The chrome was pitted all over.

Oh well. The search continues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts