Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
474 Posts
It would be so good for the children if they taught the "Three R's" before anything else .

I too am appalled at how few cashiers know how to count change .

At the same time, I catch them making 'mistakes' in my change, fully how I never get too much back, only shorted .

Then they act all pissy when I talk to their managers .
Most managers can't count change either . I luckily grew up in a small grocery store in the 60s No computers back then . People were smarter ....

·
Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
1,086 Posts
Well ;

I'm not sure about any smarter but certainly better educated .

Like you I grew up long before computers, one of my early jobs was in an Atlantic Richfield station, we had a cash drawer and one of those slide over the credit card with a carbon copy things....

Good times .

I also well remember scammers trying to claim they'd given a $20 bill when I knew damn well it had been a $10 ~ I had no patience, I'd give them -one- chance to change their story then tell them "either you call the cops or I will" .

I cannot imagine a Manager being allowed to keep their job if they couldn't count but then again......

·
Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
474 Posts
Mom had a magnet to put bill under until you gave back the change .. I never underestimate the lack of true education nowadays . I can figure change faster than these kids can punch in the numbers .... My 9 yr. old grandson ain't far behind me , He is the bookkeeper for our grass farm .. The kid knows the numbers .. coming in , or going out ...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That's good to hear .

The future belongs to these kids .

·
Registered
474 Posts
That's good to hear .

The future belongs to these kids .
They can be smarter , but probably be better off without all the stupid gaming apps . We try to limit that , keeping them busy on race cars , motorcycles , and at the grass farm ....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Good deal ! .

I too try to keep my foster boys busy doing anything else but video games or T.V. but it's very difficult, we live in town and they think I want them to be pariahs .

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
It means I have to be careful about saying the truth because the moderator wants to have a p*$$ing contest instead of helping fix a member's Motocycle and I made it worse by knowing one little thing that he doesn't so he's trying to bully me .

Confused now ? I certainly am o_O .

·
Registered
474 Posts
It means I have to be careful about saying the truth because the moderator wants to have a p*$$ing contest instead of helping fix a member's Motocycle and I made it worse by knowing one little thing that he doesn't so he's trying to bully me .

Confused now ? I certainly am o_O .
Now I'm confused ...., what is the word , pairahs , .. ?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ok , gotchya. I was born off the reservation , castaway from day 1 .., then , after dad died , we moved to the Mexican barrio .., Culture shock #2 . Never really fit in ....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Bweighmaster wrote : Hey , Nate , You got a problem with me ? I disclosed what it means . Maybe you are'nt good at intrepretation ? Quit Trolling .....

I'm not trolling ! I'm with you =:cool: .

I asked you nice and politely because I didn't want to say what that words means to 90 + % of Spanish speakers .

You said you don't speak Spanish, I do, don't get insulted because someone asks you a simple question please .

My hat is off to you for your clever use of your trade as a handle .

I'd never heard of a 'weighmaster', I'm guess it's similar to a 'Loadmaster' in the military .

Truly, I meant no harm nor insult .

I can do that and you'll know, O.K. ? .

Friends I hope ! .

• Helpful
Reactions: bweighmaster

·
Registered
474 Posts
Despite my upbringing , I have been raised in many cultural areas , and have been introduced to many languages ... I speak fluent Spanish , been around Cajun french , polish , german immigrants . Leading to different trains of thoughts .. No hard feelings ...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Cool ! .

You strike me as an erudite fellow, not enough of those around so I'd hate to piss one off =:cool: .

Sadly I only speak English, partial Spanish and a bunch of Ghetto street slang that's useful .

I too have been in and around many different immigrant groups, I know many hate (fear) them but I am aware that they are truly WHAT MAKES AMERICA GREAT ! .

Unless one is 100 % pure blood Indian you're not the native American you think you are .

I'm of Scots-Irish extraction by way of Ellis Island, no big to me, I'm American born and bred , I don't speak Gaelic but wish I did .

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm from just off the reservation , Chippewa , Ojibway . Got my federal paperwork when I was 14 . NO birth certificate , but Michigan born , Raised in Texas/ Mexico ... Not even 1/4 mi . From Rio Grande river ...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That's what I'm talking about .

I know a kindly old Man who's of Mexican genes , he was born in Los Angeles and managed to piss off his parents so badly they refuse to give him his birth information so no birth certificate.......

This man has worked his entire life (he's a Welder) yet cannot be part of the same American dream his children get....

Diversity is what makes America great, not being white .

Everyone brings something to the table, some times they bring : don't be like me but that's a good thing too .

Reactions: bweighmaster

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
OBTW : my Sweet had her 80th birthday last week, the grand daughter took my picture, I hope it attaches :

Leg Chair Knee Thigh Comfort

21 - 38 of 38 Posts