Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so I have a 2006 honda shadow spirit 750vt. I noticed my turn signal lights when I rev up the engine become solid and my headlight becomes brighter. when I unplug the regulator/rectifier the issue goes away. I replaced the regulator/rectifier and it did the exact same thing again! what the heck is going on ?

·
Premium Member
5,768 Posts
Got a Volt meter? If so, measure the battery at idle, at about 1000 rpm above idle, and at about another 1000 rpm above that. While it is normal for the Voltage to be lower at idle, the second two readings should be nearly the same; if not, and the Voltage is rising, you likely have a high contact resistance somewhere. To remedy, first make sure the contacts in the connector to the R/R are clean - I like to use DeoxIt and a small stiff brush, like a toothbrush. Then, do the same with both battery cables, and make sure they are tight; don't forget the other end of the negative cable, where it attaches to the frame/engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, I measured the resistance across each stator wire and it came back as .1 which was okay. the battery while running read 12.5 at idle and at high revs read around 14.3. nothing more

1 - 4 of 4 Posts