Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. new member.

looking to install the alarm. in the brain connection harness I have the following wires.

1 Red->: Positive to battery
2 Black->: Negative to battery
3 Yellow (2 wire L/R) ->: Rear turn signals one for each
4 Brown->: +12V Accessory (ACC)
5 Pink->: Remote engine Cut Off
6 Gray->: Remote engine Cut Off
7 Blue->: Remote engine Start On

the alarm has an option to start the bike from the remote which doesnt interest me. so the blue wire isnt necessary. am I also correct that I dont need to install the pink and gray cables if I dont need the immobilizer? my 2012 burgman 400 has an immobilizer built in so I have no need for an ignition cut off.

so looking at the alarm diagram, basically I need to just hookup wires 1 2 3 and 4 ?
question 1- where can I install the red cable besides directly to the battery for constant power? basically making it a bit more difficult to disable.
question 2- what wire should I be connecting to for #4 brown cable (12v) acc? check from the fuse box something that turns on when the bike is on?

I do maintenance on my own scooter but installing an alarm is new for me.
any help appreciated cheers!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
Question 1: the battery is pretty well buried on that machine, but if you can find a better spot, go for it. I didn't have much time to examine the Burg I helped with, and we didn't remove any other panels, so don't know of a better spot.

Question 2: yes, any terminal that is hot when the hey is in the run position; many machines also have a park position to keep the tail lamp on, but let you remove the key, so make sure you check the terminal you choose is not that one. The terminal for the headlamp fuse is probably a good choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help!

the main glove compartment has the battery to the left but im worried for an easy break in on the plastic door. anything to delay some time is great. the bike does have a park position, which is done by turning the key one more notch left while the steering is locked.

you installed everything under the front area, correct?

cheers buddy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts