Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not an off road rider, and at my age I'm not about to start, but just as a regular motorcyclist I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary movie "Dust to Glory". Although made 10 years ago, I never had heard of it until recently and finally got it from Netflix yesterday. It is about the 2003 Baja 1,000 race, and done amazingly well. While not just a race for motorcycles (anyone can enter, and can ride anything they want; I recall that there are about 13 separate categories that you can compete in), most of the movie focuses on the riders. Great photography, a good deal of suspense, and the overhead shots done by helicopters are really something to see. I highly recommend seeing this film to anyone who enjoys riding on two, or four wheels, even if you never venture into the desert.

·
American Legion Rider
21,203 Posts
I keep hoping the History channel has it. HEY! It's what I get.:D It could happen.

·
Registered
215 Posts
in the late 60's the Wide Wide World of sports did what was then I think the 500. At that time I was mostly a dirt rider and me and several of my buddies all had the fantasy we would go do that someday.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Thanks for the tip vito. We watched it yesterday, and yup great show! Awesome camera angles!!

Anyone who likes that show really needs to watch the old "On Any Sunday" show the original one was done in 1971. Yes it is extremely dated, but the heart & soul of riding is still there just on vintage bikes (looking at them now)

.. and now I see there is a 2014 sequel "On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter" I haven't seen it yet either. Sadly neither one is on Netflix.

=> I think Bo Derek narrates the sequel, in case you needed more inspiration to watch it :D ;)

·
Challenged Mechanic
2,771 Posts
Thanks Vito! I will watch that. We recently dropped satellite TV in favor of no cost antennae TV so I miss out on some of my favorites, like What's in the Barn, but we do have Netflix! I watched On Any Sunday recently, so it is out there. It may not have been on Netflix, but it was a free program, maybe on the motorcycle channel or one of the other freebies.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm waiting for two other motorcycle movies to come to Netflix, Why We Ride made in 2013, and TT: Closer to the Edge, made in 2011. I saw the original On Any Sunday many, many years ago, before I ever had a bike if I recall. I'm sure it played a role in convincing me to just ahead and get into motorcycling. the sequel to that, On Any Sunday II was not nearly as good a film.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts