Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I'm a huge fan of ducati xdiavel s, but i just wanted to know if a rider of my height can comfortably ride it. it would be really helpful if someone with the same problem can answer this question. I cannot test it myself cause i don't have any Ducati dealers nearby.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
My first thought is, it would likely be too tall for you. My friend is 5'7" and he doesn't even try getting on sport bikes anymore. They are simply too tall, and the suspension is stiff enough that they don't settle much when you sit on them.

Are you an experienced rider? Have you ever ridden similar type bikes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm an experienced rider and am not worried about the seat height. it's about 29" in xdiavel S. my concern was reaching the handlebar comfortably. I just wanted to know if who is about my height used customized the handlebar, and did that made a difference in riding comfort. I prefer the cruiser position and don't want to bend too much to reach the handlebar

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I'm an experienced rider and am not worried about the seat height. it's about 29" in xdiavel S. my concern was reaching the handlebar comfortably. I just wanted to know if who is about my height used customized the handlebar, and did that made a difference in riding comfort. I prefer the cruiser position and don't want to bend too much to reach the handlebar
Gotcha. I was concerned that you could be a brand new rider. We have heard crazier stories. A few years back a brand new kid came around asking if we thought a 1000 Ninja was a good starter bike. We unanimously said no. He went on the whole spiel about being respectful of the bike, etc. We all still said no. Then he came back and said his mom had bought it for him for his 18th birthday.

As far as this bike, I'm sorry, I can't help you. I am tall and my problem is always the opposite...is this bike big enough? I do wish you well my friend

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, funny story. and no problem. I was just hoping if someone could share their experience with me. thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Interestingly enough, I sat on a XDiavel S last week. As I recall it had a bit of a lean to it. I would say it was akin to sitting on a CB500F for me, but I'm also five inches taller than you, so it may lean more for you. According to cycle-ergo, if you 5'5" with an inseam under 28", you can't reach the pegs.

I know you're far from a Ducati dealer, but sometimes you can't know until you sit on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts