Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,225 Posts
Not a bad looking bike, though it looks like it will be a taller bike, around 32 inches or so for a seat height. Which is why I would look to the newer Monster, or even the Diavel.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I'm just wondering what they have done to the engine mapping. Typically a Ducati doesn't do well in the lower rev range, they just don't like running slow. For a scrambler it seems they would want more low end. But I really like the bike!

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just wondering what they have done to the engine mapping. Typically a Ducati doesn't do well in the lower rev range, they just don't like running slow. For a scrambler it seems they would want more low end. But I really like the bike!
It's not a torque monster at 50 ft lbs, but it has a decent amount. It's within a good power range for city or highway riding and should be decent for a newer rider or a more experienced one.

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Lower gearing would help keep the revs up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks nice. I think I'm still partial to the triumph scrambler though. I'd love to ride either one.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Looks nice. I think I'm still partial to the triumph scrambler though. I'd love to ride either one.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
I love the Triumph scrambler, but it it just a bit tiny for me to be comfortable, I'm fairly certain the Ducati would be as well, but I can dream! Guess I'll just stick with the Explorer.

·
6,952 Posts
I had a new 2010 Triumph scrambler and aside from low end torque and acceleration to say, 60 mph, it was a dog. It was a nice bike though.

I've had a couple of Ducati's and the newer ones have great fuel mapping and make incredible, real life power from small engines. Dropping one tooth on the countershaft sprocket helps when lugging the engine down at slower cruising speeds.

Their valve adjustment intervals are much more realistic now and they have a wet clutch so the chatter is gone.

All of Ducati's scramblers were singles, not twins and I almost bought a new 350 one in 1970 (?) if my memory is correct.

Set up correctly, this "scrambler" would be as good as any of the current 'faux adventure bikes' that are currently available.

Sam:)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Looks pretty blah to me.
Color sucks on that bike (I like bright yellow on the right bike).
There is nothing of the "sexy Italian" in it.
There's nothing that makes me want to ride it around town.

:thumbsdown:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts