Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Keeps going until the wheel on her car eventually falls off...

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...yclist-killed-phoenix-highway-wreck/80443740/

Splatters a 57 year old guy ON THE FREEWAY riding a new 2015 Harley

"...the car ran into the motorcycle "at a high rate of speed," DPS spokesman Raul Garcia said.

The collision threw the motorcycle several hundred feet past the point of impact

The passenger car continued to drive south on I-17 until coming to a stop because a wheel sheared off the vehicle"

DPS troopers found several empty bottles of alcohol in Monroe's car at the scene.

Monroe, of the Many Farms community on the Navajo Reservation, has a prior history of DUI charges and resisting arrest, according to court documents.

·
Visionary
4,656 Posts
An awful incident against a brother and clearly a crime, but why the emphasis on "Native American"?

A simple drunk kills biker or drunk woman kills biker would have sufficed for a title.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Alcohol is a SERIOUS problem on the Reservations. Here in NM, we have a LOT of trouble with Navajos walking off the Rez, because they can't get any alcohol there, and then either driving or walking back, and getting into accidents or stopping to lay down in the ditch and freezing to death. It's a MAJOR problem, especially when compounded by all the non-"Native American" drunks on the road!

It's just another sign of 'selfishness' taking over the world.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
An awful incident against a brother and clearly a crime, but why the emphasis on "Native American"?

A simple drunk kills biker or drunk woman kills biker would have sufficed for a title.
I thought the same thing. It kind of takes away from the story. Who cares if they were Indian, Black, Asian, or white? The result is the same, and race means nothing in the context of the story. Would he have pointed out " Caucasian male" if it were the case?

I feel sorry for the biker, I deplore drunk drivers.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lately I have a bug up my ass about intoxicated drivers rear ending motorcyclists then taking off. I'm not sure why....

Highlighting that she was a NA was just a cheap shot I didn't need to take, even if the shoe fits. Perhaps one of the mods would care to edit the headline of my post.

·
Registered
562 Posts
for shame, this is going to reflect badly on the native American community.
I stopped at a light and looked in my rear view mirror to see a car nearly touching my rear wheel. I got behind him a bit down the road and started tailgating him in turn just to relieve my pissed off state of mind despite the state trooper that showed up a few car lengths back.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It is getting awfully close to the "don't ride" date.

The day when Everybody hangs it up for a few days so that the world can have a break from the two wheeled escapade.

What do they call this day? I'm sure there is a name for it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
It is getting awfully close to the "don't ride" date.

The day when Everybody hangs it up for a few days so that the world can have a break from the two wheeled escapade.

What do they call this day? I'm sure there is a name for it.
let me know when that is.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
It is a known fact, and a sad one, that Native Americans have an alcohol intolerance. It is the more devastating than any disease, gun, massacre, or policy.

More here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts