Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay now, no making fun of the NOPED! :) 1980 Yamahopper QT NOPED, less than 300 original miles. 2-stroke oil injected and drive shaft. 30mph tops, everything works. Never dumped. Original owner lady. Husband kept it stored correctly and maintained engine/battery and fluids. I had to buy it. Why? I have no frikking idea! Somebody needs to take custody of these minty relics and treat them proper. That would be me. :) I've got a stable of three vintages now...350cc the largest. All for less than a Honda 750. I'm done now. My wife is done harassing me. Max rider capacity states 175 lbs...guess I'm out of the game until I lose 10. Happy motoring!

View attachment 51910

View attachment 51912

View attachment 51914

View attachment 51916

View attachment 51918

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'll betray my ignorance and admit I've never seen one of those before. Cute li'l bugger, though, and impressively well-preserved! Where in the world was it stored? His living room?

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll betray my ignorance and admit I've never seen one of those before. Cute li'l bugger, though, and impressively well-preserved! Where in the world was it stored? His living room?
I've never seen one until now (in personal that is). Yamaha started making Nopeds I believe in the 7O's well into the 80's. Different styles. The town I went to was in E. WA, where it is semi-desert, and the bike was stored in a dark, dry, shop. It was last registered in 2012. Before the wife retired, she rode the thing to work and back during warm months...about 2 miles each way. Hey, you gave me an idea...this bike weighs a total of 95 lbs. Might look good in my study! Went to get vintage plates for it today...one time fee for as long as you own the bike. Have to use it on short rides and shows is the rule. Did the same for my '64 Trail 55.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Dang !!! That thing is brand new practically. Another great find winger.

Reactions: 122178

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Certainly nothing wrong with collecting these things , but try riding it in Florida and would get run over quick .. One reason got rid of the Scout because it sat so low was worried about getting rear ended by some Blue Hair that can't see a Traffic Light much less a small motorcycle brake light .. Custom Dynamics is my friend having LED's all around on all my Rides ..

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Certainly nothing wrong with collecting these things , but try riding it in Florida and would get run over quick .. One reason got rid of the Scout because it sat so low was worried about getting rear ended by some Blue Hair that can't see a Traffic Light much less a small motorcycle brake light .. Custom Dynamics is my friend having LED's all around on all my Rides ..
Concur completely. One of the reasons I pretty much quit riding my Harley and sold it, was because of the preoccupied drivers around here, and people who drive offensively. Cages kill bikers routinely around here. It's a me-me-me area. Most cagers ignore "Share The Road".

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,487 Posts
Nice find and as they say 'famous last words'

Reactions: 122178
1 - 7 of 7 Posts