Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plans for today was to ride a route south of Fort Worth, 181 miles of changing roads. I left the house at 655 AM trying to get going in the cool of the day. Got about a mile from the house looked forgot my gloves turned around went back to to get them, pulled into the garage put the bike in neutral started to hope off and forgot to put the side stand down. Yup you guessed it over it came on my left leg. I tried my best to keep it upright but 600 lbs was just to much for me. I was not hurt but it knocked me into my wife's new, less than 325 miles, Ford Edge and yup my shoulder put a small dent in the rear door. I have not told her yet because she is flying in from New York City as I write this. Still made the ride but it sure took the fun out of it. I haven't even driven the Edge yet, didn't want to be the one to put the first scratch.
Didn't hurt the bike I had put crash bars on it and they did their job, protected the bike and me. Can't wait for G-Ma to get home and get my but kicken over with.

·
Noob Rider
125 Posts
man that sucks to hear...i had a similar mishap on my bimmer last week. i pulled into the garage and wasn't mindful of what was around me when i went to plant my feet. put my right foot down on the dog's bed, my foot slipped and i dropped the bike. then this past saturday i was looking for a parking spot at a bike dealer and dropped it again. at least you weren't seriously hurt!

as embarrassing as it was, my mishaps reminded me of some important things when doing slow speed riding. hopefully you won't get too beat up over hitting the car

·
Registered
699 Posts
You might be able to pull the dent out with an old fashioned toilet plunger. I have pulled out a variety of dents this way. If you are successful, do not tell the wife you dented it. Tell her how the bike fell on you and elicit as much sympathy as possible. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I just got back from the airport picking her up, I spilled my guts and begged for Mersey, she said I'm tired it's just a car. ����

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been married to her for 47 years and learned to sleep with one eye open on night when she was upset. Heck when we were first married she put starch in my underwear, now that will get your attachon, man I check everything since then.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If I dented a car or something that amounted to damaging my own property, my wife would never exact retribution on me for it. That's just unacceptable to us. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

Now, I was afraid to tell her that I dropped my bike for the first time but that's because she has severe anxiety and getting her on board with me having a motorcycle at all was a struggle, so I was loathe to admit I had rubbed a curb the wrong way and went over into a dirt planter bed. But I did eventually have to own up to it and she took it well. Still riding daily months later.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Don't feel bad.

I had a childhood friend ride my little CB350 around the school parking lot. After my expert instruction, he did rather well. Pleased with himself,he forgot that he was on a bike and not a horse.

Not that he was not an intelligent person,because he worked for NASA on their computers... Cray computers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts