Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Zippy, if your purchase has a warranty you will need to do service as specified. Vulcans are 7500 miles, Vstar (including Bolt) is 4000 and at 16000 there is a big service.

I have ridden the Vstar 950 and I own a Vulcan Classic, basically the same bike. Vulcan Classic and Custom, as far as I know the difference is floorboards with short fat front wheel vs foot pegs with taller skinny front wheel. The 5.3gal tank is nice, and, around here anyway, the Vulcan new runs about $1000 less than the Vstar.

Of course after you go into a yamaha store you might come out with a Bolt.

I forgot to mention, Yamaha has better financing.....much better. Suzuki financing is even better, and at the beginning of the year for the last few years they have been running 0% for 60 months.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
anybike, isn't another difference between the classic and custom is one has cast wheels?? (the custom I think)

I know I prefer cast wheels, I hate spokes....I paid an extra $300 for my first bike (I bought new) the difference between the Boulevard C50 and the C50C was cast wheels, paint job (mine had a tribal flame) the Boulevard logo embedded into the drivers seat and studded seats....I didn't care about the Boulevard logo, didn't like the studded seats, but I liked the paint job and the cast wheels put it over the top for me

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Must admit, ll my bikes have had mag wheels. I'm not a spoke cleaner!

If you're looking at those mid-size cruisers then also have a look at the Suzuki Boulevard M50, identical mechanicals to the C50 but mag wheels, pegs instead of foot plates, and a sort of bobbed look (Suzuki call the "M" series their muscles bikes).

I'd fit a pair of GIVI panniers to one if I got another one, I think that'd make an ideal mid-size tourer. The M50T!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Must admit, ll my bikes have had mag wheels. I'm not a spoke cleaner!

If you're looking at those mid-size cruisers then also have a look at the Suzuki Boulevard M50, identical mechanicals to the C50 but mag wheels, pegs instead of foot plates, and a sort of bobbed look (Suzuki call the "M" series their muscles bikes).

I'd fit a pair of GIVI panniers to one if I got another one, I think that'd make an ideal mid-size tourer. The M50T!
I looked at the M50 also, but I liked the fuller fenders...and the foot boards are better for me since I wear a size 16 shoe :eek:

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts

Way too much bike for me, but that doesn't stop me from drooling.

Realistically, this is what I really want for my next bike.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
anybike, isn't another difference between the classic and custom is one has cast wheels?? (the custom I think)

I know I prefer cast wheels, I hate spokes....I paid an extra $300 for my first bike (I bought new) the difference between the Boulevard C50 and the C50C was cast wheels, paint job (mine had a tribal flame) the Boulevard logo embedded into the drivers seat and studded seats....I didn't care about the Boulevard logo, didn't like the studded seats, but I liked the paint job and the cast wheels put it over the top for me
Yes, and oddly the custom(sportier version) has 7.5 inches trail and the classic has 6.5 inches trail.

The now called C50SE(Special Edition) has cast wheels, and the C50 and T have spokes. My C50 and Vulcan have spokes, cast wheels will eventually be on the Vulcan for sure and depends on if I keep the C50.

Kawasaki and Suzuki have been on a two-tone kick, Yamaha has gone to zig-zaggy stripes(except on black). My 09 C50 and 10 Vulcan are both solid color with sparkles.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm lucky enough to be currently riding my dream bike! :cool: I bought this '09 Raider late last year, & riding it even now feels so special! I hope that feeling doesn't go away anytime soon.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I love my Stratoliner, but I do plan on getting a touring bike in a couple of years.

It will be one of these 3 probably

Ultra Classic
Cross County Tour
Roadmaster

1 - 15 of 15 Posts